Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've tried ever so hard to keep with us over the past 5 years..

Tried really, really hard, trent, robbo, hendo, little mo, big verge, bobby, the lot of them..

They must be gutted in the dressing room right now..

However, it's difficult to shed a tear as for all of this time they've had their best team ever, I know this because I kept reading, hearing and seeing it in all forms of the media..all were constantly banging on about them having ..

The world's..

The best goalie
The best fullbacks
The best midfield
And the fkin red arrows up front..

All cemented by the best manager, fans, owners, 5 to 3 karaoke ditty, SKY and BT pundits and secretly being every fans second favourite team..

And now..

They're broken.... we've broken them..!

I'm afraid it's looking more and more like the gurning German will be off soon..

I'm going to miss them teeth..!
He can always go back to his previous job.

1667124404308.png1667124404308.png

The pundits on sky are a joke - they have no better understanding than any of us. They keep referring to Liverpools midfield used to bully teams and that isn’t the case. They used to bypass midfield and used the pace of Mane and Salah and the trickery of Firmino to outscore opponents which worked exceptionally for 18 months. They are now trying to play through midfield and that’s their main down fall. Giving the ball away cheaply and exposing the back 4 who are now reliant on a 30 year old VVD.
According to someone on 606, the Leeds goal scored in the third or fourth minute was completely against the run of play.

Still a long way to go, but I can't see them overcoming the deficit. I am not convinced at all by Chelsea and Spurs don't have the steely commitment, so maybe Arsenal and the Geordies? I think it might be too soon for Newcastle: in a year or two, definitely. Arsenal might stay the pace but somehow I doubt it.

Barring some catastrophic collapse I would say it's ours again.
I think we need to look at losses rather than league positions, dips 4, rags, Chelsea & spurs 3, us, arse & toon 1.

The league will be won by the team that loses less, Newcastle won't stand the heat even with not being in Europe this year, Arse haven't got the depth. We're 1/5 at the bookies if I had thousands spare it'd be free money.

Fuck, I'm Irish and republican and I might learn it just to piss the fucking wankers off.
You’ll be alright mate, I don’t think there’s any such thing as ‘god’ but would still blast out ‘God Save The King’.

Although, you could sing ‘Allah Save The Sheikh’!

Only a week ago the Norwegians & Irish were celebrating their cup final win against City.

View attachment 59541

Imagine being deluded & self-entitled.

View attachment 59542

City are killing them again.

Top of the table and 13 points clear already.(Liverpool away at Spurs next week)
Diddums. We nearly got relegated last season and we're run by two people who have no idea what they're doing, so forgive me if I don't feel much sympathy. Besides, I thought spending loads of money was a bad thing that only bad people like Everton and City did.

Diddums. We nearly got relegated last season and we're run by two people who have no idea what they're doing, so forgive me if I don't feel much sympathy. Besides, I thought spending loads of money was a bad thing that only bad people like Everton and City did.
Ah, there's two kinds of spending. There's the kind that invokes the use of the term 'sportswashing', that's us, and then there's the kind which is labelled 'investment', as in the Echo headline 'Liverpool invest £80m+ on Nuńez to cement top of the table position'!

If this was a pro cyclist or athlete who's form dropped so much their sports journalist would be looking into this. Our press/media nothing.
Abit like Leicesters win the season before and after their running stats were way of the season they won.
I was wondering how they could produce those performances against us in the CS and then the league game while looking totally abysmal for the rest of the season so far. Are we the only club they want to beat, or are there other reasons their energy levels are so low they have hit the sewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.