Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
i’m still not clear on why Mane had to leave - giving him the contract he wanted is surely cheaper than buying an £80m spotty donkey who is totally not the right fit.

I just don't see how Bayern is a step up from Liverpool given the premier league’s dominance.
Mane came in contact with Bayern early on in his career. Salzburg is not really far away - probably not even an hour by car - and his manager is actually living in Munich. He still has friends in the area, too.

I just think he wanted to get out of Liverpool - and Munich, the city, the club and the whole situation seemed great for him.

(He actually asked Thiago and the other ex-Bayern crew at Liverpool about the team before his transfer to Munich, too)

Interesting to look at their league finishes over the last 20 years. In 4 out of 6 seasons under Benitez they finished in the top four, the only exceptions being his first and final seasons. There wasn't the competition then there is now though.

In the next 6 seasons, they only managed it once, in 2014 under Rodgers, when they got all giddy a bit prematurely. Otherwise they were 6th, 7th or 8th. That was under FSG as well and includes Klopp's first season. Since then, in the last six seasons they've never finished outside the top 4.

In the last 20 full seasons, they've averaged 72 points a season but that's split 81 under Klopp and 67 prior to Klopp. United and us could manage a season outside the CL (but probably not more than that) financially whereas if they miss out on Europe altogether, or only scrape into the Conference League, the loss of revenue could have a major impact, particularly if they get knocked out in R16 this season. Their commercial revenue is only around 75% of ours and united's and a lot of that will be a result of their CL success so may drop.

Be interesting to see what FSG do if that happens.

Interesting that mate, are you in Cairo or Alex? I haven’t been for a few years, but I’m told things have become a bit more restrictive in terms of alcohol etc over there. Was it a lively atmosphere? All men in the bar?

Er, actually, maybe you mean Sharm El Sheikh, in which case scrub the above!
Yes, I’m in Sharm and it was all men. We came before we were married and always vowed to take the kids. I didn’t do my research. It’s become a shithole.

Just been to Angelsey for a week. Nearly everyone there is a dipper. Was sat waiting for the Mrs outside a shop when 5 kids came round the corner all in full dipper kit. Oldest will have been about 9. Next thing 2 sets of parents come round the corner & both the male adults werein full kits as well. One of them saw me sat with a City sweatshirt on and said to the kids to keep away from the nasty man. Just shook my head in despair
Should’ve told them they’re a little early for treat or treating and usually it’s best done at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.