Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched The Voice last night with the missus and some bloke sang YNWA . I thought to myself the audience vote will fuck his chances after singing the dipper dirge.Ordinary people are sick to death of it

True, but usually you need to either have massive luck, which Chelsea had in 2012, or decent form. You can't switch form on and off.
I don't think its particularly rare to run into form in the second half of the season and do well in the CL. In 2017-18 we were miles ahead of Liverpool in the league but they knocked us out of the CL and could have won it with a better keeper than Karius.

Last edited:
Klopp's going nowhere. It's a blip. No way will FSG let him go. He's done an awesome job there an let's face it, but for us they'd have won a few more titles. Someone done a great post about them being broken as they've had to hang on to our coat tails - that's bang on.
They were fucking desperately close to winning all 4 trophies last season.

He's there for a good while yet - maybe back to back seasons out of the CL given the loss of money??

There’s obviously exceptions. Claudio was rushed in as we needed someone who could play the way we wanted.
Yup I kind of agree that we tend to buy young but I don't think we are averse to a more experienced player who otherwise fits the profile. Walker was kind of like that when we bought him. We clearly have had serious interest in Sanchez, Koulibaly and Kane since Peps arrival. On the original point I don't think VVD is a player we need or would be particularly interested in at the moment though, I agree.

The sooner they drop even more points the better.
Although they are well behind in the table, they are the only team bar ourselves who go on long winning runs.
26 games to go, they are 13 behind, so realistically need FIVE defeats by us and they maintain perfection.
1) We will NOT lose 20% of our games
2) They WILL lose more points
Relax all !

Said the same for ages. They went direct, or got it to the full backs who the. went direct.

Both centre halves we protected by Fabinho. Then the other two jobbing midfielders covered which ever fullback went forward.

They basically played 5 players to destroy or defend. Teams have worked out the huge gaping holes that are left now as their midfield have lost their legs and their full backs can’t defend the space behind them and not can the midfielders anymore.

There’s far too much sentiment in their decision making. What the fuck Milner & Henderson are still doing there is any ones guess.

They just didn’t need nunez. They should invested in their midfield. Even if the took a gamble on the lad from Sporting that we looked at that went to Wolves. They really needed more energy. They haven’t addressed it. So next summer, they need to replaced 5/6 players.
Interesting point about Nunez, i agree. Already had Frimino/Salah/Dias/Jota. Maybe room for one more with Mane leaving but imo they’d have been better keeping Origi or at least replacing him like for like (5th choice) and using the Nunez money to get a top class young midfielder or 2.

Mind you were almost as bad with the ongoing left back situation

26 games to go, they are 13 behind, so realistically need FIVE defeats by us and they maintain perfection.
1) We will NOT lose 20% of our games
2) They WILL lose more points
Relax all !
Quite, and it's not just us who they have to overhaul, it's at least three other teams.

Betfair has them at 80/1 for the title, us at 1/5. I think they'll make top four but they're not getting anywhere near us. The "Dippers can't win it" moment will probably come in late March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.