Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Funny how it was a team who’d just won back-to-back European Cups after back-to-back league titles the seasons before, that you picked.

How come it wasn’t 14th in the Second Division, Orient, that you chose 45 years ago?

Bloody glory hunters, nowt worse.
Mate I was 5 years old and I liked the colour red. There was a red team on the television (we’d just upgraded from a black and white set) and I was foolishly impetuous in crying out ‘I like them, daddy’

Obviously if I knew then that I would one day sign up to a message board on something called the internet, and subsequently get attacked for my choice 45 years later, I would have done things very differently.

tumblr_mk63roXcRc1s2yegdo1_400.gif

Mate I was 5 years old and I liked the colour red. There was a red team on the television (we’d just upgraded from a black and white set) and I was foolishly impetuous in crying out ‘I like them, daddy’

Obviously if I knew then that I would one day sign up to a message board on something called the internet, and subsequently get attacked for my choice 45 years later, I would have done things very differently.
I can clearly see why you chose the name Oddchild then.

Hides that one well though

Mark Goldbridge​

He is of Italian origin. He was born in Nottingham and lives in Solihull now. YouTube career ...
Channels: The United Stand; That's Football; T...
Born: Brent Di Cesare; 7 April 1979 (age 44); ...

Loads of impressionable kids pick well known,winning teams,over their local sides.
I recall going to school,in greater manchester,with Leeds,Liverpool,and even the odd Chelsea"fans".
Some of us,have higher moral standards ;)
Pretty sure we've picked up loads of glory hunters this last decade though.
Yep. I went to school in Ireland in the late 60's/early 70's when Leeds, Arse, Manure and Liverpool were huge. But I chose City, even though we were pretty damn good and successful at the time. But it was the unfashionable choice and I suffered in secondary school as a result for the most part but threw it in their faces when Tueart worked his magic in '76. Little did I know what was to follow. But the love only grew...and kept going through all the fallow years until 2011. What a release that was. Then Agueroooo....and the rest is history. And there is more to be made.

The minute that the whistle blew at the end of the CL Final in Istanbul, many of those boys texted/WhatsApped me with messages of congratulations. Even the united ones. To a man, they all said: "Well you followed them for long enough, etc...." It felt good, 40+ years later that they thought of me, ploughing my lone City furrow.

So in summary, I was an eight year old gloryhunter...:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.