Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Personally I wouldn't want Salah to leave Liverpool. Don't get me wrong I can't stand Liverpool and I don't want them winning anything.

I want to see the best players in the best league and that's the Premier League. Numerous players in their 20's in Europe have gone to the Saudi League, If Salah goes too it's a massive statement.

I don't this Saudi League is going away anytime soon, I'd like to see players turning it down to be honest. Very hard to refuse that sort of money so it's understandable why they are all going.

Said it before, no matter how much money they have if top quality players don't want to go there, ( happened twice this window) then all you end up with is moderate players who just might make it.
Klipperty has yet to convince me he can improve player's just maintain what he's bought.

He is a top player, at a rival club, i hope he leaves for Saudi.
If i want to watch him, i will watch the Saudi league & not have to worry about him when we play Liverpool ha
It will be like Coutino all over again.

In the interest of FFP, just like Sponsorships are now evaluated players transfer fees should also be under the same scrutiny. We all know at 31 Salah is not worth 150m, no other countrie’s team could afford to pay anywhere that, it’s a false value at his age.

UEFA should state for example, the Dippers could get that money but for FFP purposes but the players value should be evaluated and counted as revenue at that price. What they do with the excess is up to the Dippers but they shouldn’t be allowed to subsidise their turnover with a false value.

What if Newcastle’s owners come for a player to transfer to the Saudi League, here you go, we’ll give you £150m for Anthony Gordon? So far it’s not happened, Newcastle’s owners are keeping their noses clean but the propensity to make FFP irrelevant is real.

It will be like Coutino all over again.

In the interest of FFP, just like Sponsorships are now evaluated players transfer fees should also be under the same scrutiny. We all know at 31 Salah is not worth 150m, no other countrie’s team could afford to pay anywhere that, it’s a false value at his age.

UEFA should state for example, the Dippers could get that money but for FFP purposes but the players value should be evaluated and counted as revenue at that price. What they do with the excess is up to the Dippers but they shouldn’t be allowed to subsidise their turnover with a false value.

What if Newcastle’s owners come for a player to transfer to the Saudi League, here you go, we’ll give you £150m for Anthony Gordon? So far it’s not happened, Newcastle’s owners are keeping their noses clean but the propensity to make FFP irrelevant is real.
Lots of talk about Chelsea being backed by Saudi too, i suppose itll all come out in time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.