Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the pundits - I think it was Spit the Scouse - called it a draw, which is what I said to Mrs Vienna at the time.
That’s a fair argument to make. Van dyke leaning into Haaland as he took the shot and not committing too early was decent defending but I maintain it was only a scuffed finish that puts the argument to bed.
Those trying to say the defender won the battle are just wrong.

Not my observation but a fellow poster yesterday was absolutely right - if he took a stud or scrap we would be seeing double page pull outs and sky would have it as a back drop.
All those players are instructed to cause some contact and see how it goes, Jota is the best bar non at it and has penalties to prove it.

I see that the controversy about "that" penalty is still rumbling on though even for Liverpool it's probably a bit too late for VAR to change its decision. Klopp's adamant and there was even talk of a threat to life and limb and yellow cards. My mind went back to September 2017 when Ederson advanced and headed a long hoofball clear because he was outside his area. He landed as Mane arrived yards too late, both feet off the ground, to plant his studs firmly in Eddie's face. Minutes later our 'keeper was stretchered off, unconscious and breathing through an oxygen mask. Was Klopp outraged at the violence of the incident? Was he concerned at the threat to life and limb? Of course not! He was furious at the red card. It wasn't even a free kick because he never even looked at "the goalie"! But, lest we forget, it's different for Liverpool. It means more. Even doing less means more.

Looks like they're joining the multi-club ownership, something they've slagged off for years. Funny how their owners are copying our owners all of a sudden.

Looks like they're joining the multi-club ownership, something they've slagged off for years. Funny how their owners are copying our owners all of a sudden.
They buying Chester City/Tranmere and Bangor?
Could probably throw in the odd Irish and Skandi side as well I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.