Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Tbf, Liverpool had a fantastic 1st half minus the finishing. 15:0 shots. The energy levels were out of this world (Klopp is a genius...).

But everything was going for them in that United played with a makeshift defence (that French youngster is probably their 6th choice at CB) and had much more difficult games in the week before the match at OT. If you have such advantages and fail to win, you have only yourselves to blame.

Guess those two draws vs United and the loss in the FA Cup are somehow related to that 7:0 win from last season. Humiliating your rivals like that is good for the fans but might backfire in the worst possible moments...

He won't get blamed for the goal but surely he could have tried to at least put Fernandes off. When the pass was played to him he was 2 yards away from where Fernandes eventually strikes it. He just backed away 4 yards after pointing at the keeper. Which is quicker 2 yards forwards or 4 backwards? He was probably worried about protecting his "never dribbled around" stats.

vvd1.jpg

vvd2.jpg
Bloody hell, why have Sky, the BBC and the rest of the media not picked up on that? Rhetorical question obviously.

I called him out after our game against them at home where I thought he was at fault for not engaging with Haaland when he scored. Been watching him ever since and he does it a lot, seems to be more concerned with not being blamed for goals rather than stopping goals these days.

I called him out after our game against them at home where I thought he was at fault for not engaging with Haaland when he scored. Been watching him ever since and he does it a lot, seems to be more concerned with not being blamed for goals rather than stopping goals these days.
Gerbil Van Dijk usual style of defending is to scurry away from the attacker like a rodent pointing at someone else to face the music, and when he is actually forced to engage, he does this weird act of turning his back away cowardly and dangle out a back leg in desperation to blindly block a shot routine.

Danny Murphy said that the dippers show desire and effort, but some of those quick breaks suggest something else might be involved!
Made me smile when he went on and on and on about the Rags on how bad they were and was near to tears ranting about it.
To make matters even better,Klipperty said that it was 10 minutes since the game had finished and he was OK about it. The lying twat,it was fucking hurting. Lovely stuff and for the first time can I say "ta Rags".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.