Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

The thing is had I not been at the game my firestick wouldn't have registered a sky hit even if I'd have been watching on Sky....NB always use an American or foreign language feed, saves some of the swearing for the benefit of the neighbours and my TV screen.

Considering Sky is only aimed at Liverpool and United supporters with its coverage and the ex pundits that are 95 percent affiliated with both clubs course the dippers were going to get more views. We are talking about a fan base that couldn’t find Anfield on the map let alone buy a membership to get a ticket for a game.

If you was a neutral supporter would you sit around watching the trophy lift of another club when the weather is nice and there are better things to do? I never once watched a rag trophy lift, so why should we expect non City supporters to watch ours?

Hilarious how rattled they are by the 'This Means Four' tweet.

They're also making up the TV and engagement figures. City the most watched match by far and also the most talked about game of the season.

Agree I have a feeling this is pissing them of lol "This Means Four" on tee shirts soon lol

Hilarious how rattled they are by the 'This Means Four' tweet.

They're also making up the TV and engagement figures. City the most watched match by far and also the most talked about game of the season.

They should learn to keep quiet trying to shoehorn their lack of achievement into City being successful, specially the laughable statements Terrance Trent Darby came out with in relation to how much each teams trophies mean. Now they are getting some blow back for it they are rattled.

They should learn to keep quiet trying to shoehorn their lack of achievement into City being successful, specially the laughable statements Terrance Trent Darby came out with in relation to how much each teams trophies mean. Now they are getting some blow back for it they are rattled.
We have a club here that is unlike any other football club in England (I know the Rangers/Celtic fans can be a bit 'odd'). But with this club its supporters truly believe they are the greatest that has ever been: that everybody in the universe loves them and we all wish we hadn't declared our support for a rival club many years ago. They believe we sit at home nursing regrets that we didn't choose to follow the dippers and become a member of their cult.

The fact that their supporters, fully-grown adults, believe this is cause for concern, I think. They will indoctrinate their children and their children's children into blindly following in their footsteps, despite these youngsters being able to make their own minds up. Like religion, intimidating youngsters by saying believe in God or you WILL go to Hell and be with the Devil. Fucked up minds.

The dippers are no better or worse than any other football club, from the grass-roots upwards. You start with an idea to form a kick-about team with your schoolmates and a hundred years or so later you're a famous professional football team. That's how clubs start. But to genuinely believe that for some reason the club you support is superior in every way to any other football club, past, present and future, is just downright absurd.
The clubs we follow win games, lose games, and draw games: that is the nature of the beast. That is what we signed up for when we first got into the sport.

No genuine set of football fans seriously believe that they have a divine right to win everything, every season - but they do.

We have a club here that is unlike any other football club in England (I know the Rangers/Celtic fans can be a bit 'odd'). But with this club its supporters truly believe they are the greatest that has ever been: that everybody in the universe loves them and we all wish we hadn't declared our support for a rival club many years ago. They believe we sit at home nursing regrets that we didn't choose to follow the dippers and become a member of their cult.

The fact that their supporters, fully-grown adults, believe this is cause for concern, I think. They will indoctrinate their children and their children's children into blindly following in their footsteps, despite these youngsters being able to make their own minds up. Like religion, intimidating youngsters by saying believe in God or you WILL go to Hell and be with the Devil. Fucked up minds.

The dippers are no better or worse than any other football club, from the grass-roots upwards. You start with an idea to form a kick-about team with your schoolmates and a hundred years or so later you're a famous professional football team. That's how clubs start. But to genuinely believe that for some reason the club you support is superior in every way to any other football club, past, present and future, is just downright absurd.
The clubs we follow win games, lose games, and draw games: that is the nature of the beast. That is what we signed up for when we first got into the sport.

No genuine set of football fans seriously believe that they have a divine right to win everything, every season - but they do.
Its not just the football fans that are like that its indicative of the city in general, wherever you go there will be some gobshite scouser telling you how great liverpool is la and trying to entertain with their cheeky humour while you do everything in your power to not punch them in their gurning face just so you dont have to hear that fucking accent for one second longer, the laugh of it is tho that all these professional scousers who tell you that its the best place in the world the first thing they do as soon as they get any money is leave.

Its not just the football fans that are like that its indicative of the city in general, wherever you go there will be some gobshite scouser telling you how great liverpool is la and trying to entertain with their cheeky humour while you do everything in your power to not punch them in their gurning face just so you dont have to hear that fucking accent for one second longer, the laugh of it is tho that all these professional scousers who tell you that its the best place in the world the first thing they do as soon as they get any money is leave.
This is so true. The locals are so defensive about the place. Apparently everything is special, especially the sense of humour, but there is a total lack of self awareness. And they never forgave the scousers who made good and moved away. I worked there for seven years and never heard a positive word about Tarby and Cilla who had moved down south.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.