Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 124976
Missing Person

View attachment 124977

Merseyside Police are investigating the disappearance of Liverpool Striker Cody Gakpo.
Gakpo was last seen at Dortmund Football Stadium around 8pm BST Wednesday 10th July.
Sources state a well known English International full back from Manchester City is being interviewed under caution.
Merseyside Police???

How could we ever forget. Having started going to first team games in 1973 all I ever saw City win was a poxy League Cup in 76 and after that, apart from runners up in the league in 77 and a Wembley visit in 81, was numerous relegations. The kids now don't know how lucky they are. It should never be taken for granted. Luckily my three sons are always reminded by me as how poor we were and whilst we hope this period lasts for ad long as possible they know that failure is always around to corner and it can all change.
We must remember though how good "skips" side was in the mid to late 70's ..should have been champions in '77. Beat a really good Juventus team as well in this period. We must celebrate the good years until the disaster post '81 until we were good again in the Kendal, Reid era.. we play into "meeja" hands pretending we were shite for years. We had just ONE season in third tier. I tell that to younger lads who claim to follow football..They simply can't compute = "why do you lot keep going on about being in the bottom of the ladder etc" I blame You Tube fans like Big Steve who over egg our few poor years!!

We must remember though how good "skips" side was in the mid to late 70's ..should have been champions in '77. Beat a really good Juventus team as well in this period. We must celebrate the good years until the disaster post '81 until we were good again in the Kendal, Reid era.. we play into "meeja" hands pretending we were shite for years. We had just ONE season in third tier. I tell that to younger lads who claim to follow football..They simply can't compute = "why do you lot keep going on about being in the bottom of the ladder etc" I blame You Tube fans like Big Steve who over egg our few poor years!!
I agree but I like big Steve. He's old enough to remember the very late eighties and the disastrous nineties so I will cut him a bit of slack. He's a good Blue.

We had just ONE season in third tier. I tell that to younger lads who claim to follow football..They simply can't compute = "why do you lot keep going on about being in the bottom of the ladder etc" I blame You Tube fans like Big Steve who over egg our few poor years!!

That one season defined our fanbase.

If you were there, you know that it was make or break. United were sweeping everything before them and City everything united were not. And yet, instead of crumbling or sneaking away to come back if things picked up, the fans responded and swept us back to the Premier League.

That is the complete opposite of supporting a club because they are successful, it was supporting the club when it was at it lowest ebb, something we're rightly proud of and something fans of certain other clubs resent.

Apologies if this has already been posted but I guess there will be no celebrations at all in Merseyside if England win on Sunday.
You know they will manipulate the narrative so that Liverpool were in some way totally responsible for the win. If TTA plays for 10 seconds they will claim he was the reason for the victory. If England lose and he does not start then they will make that the reason.

That one season defined our fanbase.

If you were there, you know that it was make or break. United were sweeping everything before them and City everything united were not. And yet, instead of crumbling or sneaking away to come back if things picked up, the fans responded and swept us back to the Premier League.

That is the complete opposite of supporting a club because they are successful, it was supporting the club when it was at it lowest ebb, something we're rightly proud of and something fans of certain other clubs resent.
Really well said mate

I went to most games that year and the support was fantastic.

But it had been for years before that. We were the opposite of glory hunters - we were used to travelling all over the country and getting beat - but we were there again the next week

My memory is not the best - but even in 98/99 I think that we struggled for the first half of the season but came good after Christmas - before that we were destined for a longer stay in the 3rd tier

And of course - the Gillingham match - with all the media laughing at us and fawning over the scum - some fucking memories from that day

I may have it wrong - but I seem to remember Bernstein saying that if we were not promoted that year the move to the new stadium would not be viable - how different the future would have been

I try not to compare those days with now. I would not swap these last 15 years for anything - but, for me, those yesteryears were equally fantastic - but in an entirely different way

We were an outstanding fanbase - very few other sets of supporters would have been as loyal as us - certainly not those redscouse fuckers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.