Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one season defined our fanbase.

If you were there, you know that it was make or break. United were sweeping everything before them and City everything united were not. And yet, instead of crumbling or sneaking away to come back if things picked up, the fans responded and swept us back to the Premier League.

That is the complete opposite of supporting a club because they are successful, it was supporting the club when it was at it lowest ebb, something we're rightly proud of and something fans of certain other clubs resent.
Like many of us I took so much stick from the local plastics, and even though I was absolutely devastated by the turn of events not once did I let those çunts know the hurt I was feeling.
In a sense it was amplified for me because I was constantly gigging back then, and I always had some kind of City merchandise with me - hat, tee shirt etc. I would have to get up on a stage in a crowded pub full of plastics and start
singing and playing. Some nights the pubs around here ended up looking like war-torn Baghdad.

But I gave as good as I got, I did 'Blue Moon' about three times a night back then. Fuck the plastics.

Really well said mate

I went to most games that year and the support was fantastic.

But it had been for years before that. We were the opposite of glory hunters - we were used to travelling all over the country and getting beat - but we were there again the next week

My memory is not best - but even in 98/99 I think that we struggled for the first half of the season but came good after Christmas - before that we were destined for a longer stay in the 3rd tier

And of course - the Gillingham match - with all the media laughing at us and fawning over the scum - some fucking memories from that day

I may have it wrong - but I seem to remember Bernstein saying that if we were not promoted that year the move to the new stadium would not be viable - how different the future would have been

I try not compare those days with now. I would not swap these last 15 years for anything - but, for me, those yesteryears were equally fantastic - but in an entirely different way

We were an outstanding fanbase - very few other sets of supporters would have been as loyal as us - certainly not those redscouse fuckers
And no other set of supporters have been on the journey we have, ever, never mind the last 25 years.

And no set of supporters deserve the success we have enjoyed over the last decade and a half more than we do.

You know they will manipulate the narrative so that Liverpool were in some way totally responsible for the win. If TTA plays for 10 seconds they will claim he was the reason for the victory. If England lose and he does not start then they will make that the reason.
First quote on North West Tonight ( BBC 6.30pm) last night showed a load of Engerrrland fans celebrating in the barn at Blakemere Craft Centre, Northwich. First drunk they spoke to mentions Trent Arsehole being there for England. Now my memory may be deceiving me but he didn't play on Wednesday did he? And I thought he was Scouse.... not English they get everywhere when the narrative suits.

Next shot is an interview with Kobi ManU, then a cameo afterthought with PWF - the finest.

The Red influence is everywhere.

Ps I relented and watched a few England games. Kane totally useless, Bellingham very selfish me me me. I've actually been OK with Saka, but that will rapidly disappear when the PL hostility returns. PWF is miles ahead in skill level than the rest.

Fwiw I think Spain will muller England tmw - I want Rodri winning the Balloon Door, otherwise it will be awarded to the person with the best pr and most undeserving - Bellingham.

and we started the inflatable craze bringing fun back to the game
The sight that greeted me, as I walked on to the terrace at Home Park in October 1988 will live with me forever.

There were all sorts of blow-ups on display.

It was absolutely amazing.

That one season defined our fanbase.

If you were there, you know that it was make or break. United were sweeping everything before them and City everything united were not. And yet, instead of crumbling or sneaking away to come back if things picked up, the fans responded and swept us back to the Premier League.

That is the complete opposite of supporting a club because they are successful, it was supporting the club when it was at it lowest ebb, something we're rightly proud of and something fans of certain other clubs resent.
I was there of course but i think we forget some of our really good teams and players before and after the ONE season... just my opinion

Can't be arsed to start a new thread on it but sad to see Mark Lawrenson turn into a bitter old gammon go on the revolving door of YouTube scumbag podcasts. Popped up on my YouTube feed of the **** appearing on slum landlord and grifter Rob Moore's podcast.

Going on about woke and all that other bollocks. The BBC let you go because they wanted to bring in new blood and freshen the team up, exactly what happened to you at Liverpool FC, get over it and move on rather than turn into a sad **** like Matt Le Tissier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.