Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m interested to know is there actually anywhere nice in Liverpool and its close-by regions? For example, any top class dining destinations that don’t look like 1980’s Indian restaurants next door to a betting shop?

Any quieter areas you can walk at night without meeting hooded goons with knives or sniffing something in a bag?

Any cafes you could have a three-tier afternoon tea that isn’t a steamed-up old shop packed with swearing grannies and 15-year old mums?

Strangely, I’m not trying to wind you up, just that the above is my impression of Liverpool as a city and the Merseyside region in general. Am I wrong?
I live in Melbourne mate. I can’t stand scousers in general. I’ve barely been to Liverpool either. I lived in Boro before I moved here.

I'm just telling it how I see it.

City are clearly a better team than Liverpool, we've proved that... But we are a VERY systematic team.

Each player sticks to their zones, they don't over commit when they need to.

Liverpool are tactically a lot more loose than us so in instances like this they will probably take more risks.

Pep is all about sticking to the system and keeping our shape. Players can't venture outside of their zones on the football field. Stick to your allocated boxes.

This is the reason City are more successful and other teams aren't, because we have the best coach in world football...

But when it comes to being a man down and a goal down, risks need to be taken..

Liverpool are more prone to taking a risk than we are.
We can go gung ho when we need to,

Newcastle aided the red scouse by being so abject and shite, Howe is a pound shop simeone whithout the cuntishness or ruthlessness

People can slate me all they want...

But we don't overturn this game... Being 1-0 down, with 10 men for most of the game like Liverpool did.

The way we play is very systematic. Our players have to stick to playing in certain zones of the pitch.

Liverpool are a bit more off the cuff than we are... They take more risks.

It's an absolutely fabulous result for Liverpool. Huge character has been shown tonight for them. Still our biggest threat.
We don't go down to 10 men as our defenders are levels above the bighead who got sent off.
Smash and grab from the tramps there, they was second best all game and if they had their shooting boots on and they didn't hit the post or Becker making some top saves the geordies would have been out of sight.
Oh and add to the facts that the ref shit his pants with yet another team in red, that was a 2nd yellow all day for gobshite, they could have possibly been down to 9 men.

Liverpool have nothing in midfield. Nobody to put their foot in, they have 3 nice footballers who look good on the ball.

Not a chance they will threaten us this year.

People can slate me all they want...

But we don't overturn this game... Being 1-0 down, with 10 men for most of the game like Liverpool did.

The way we play is very systematic. Our players have to stick to playing in certain zones of the pitch.

Liverpool are a bit more off the cuff than we are... They take more risks.

It's an absolutely fabulous result for Liverpool. Huge character has been shown tonight for them. Still our biggest threat.
Or another way to look at it we go 1-0 up and they have van dijk sent off we win 4 or 5-0
They don’t get the ball back and give up
Liverpool win that game 1 in 10 times, it’s not like they do it every week
Also Fulham last season…..

I’m interested to know is there actually anywhere nice in Liverpool and its close-by regions? For example, any top class dining destinations that don’t look like 1980’s Indian restaurants next door to a betting shop?

Any quieter areas you can walk at night without meeting hooded goons with knives or sniffing something in a bag?

Any cafes you could have a three-tier afternoon tea that isn’t a steamed-up old shop packed with swearing grannies and 15-year old mums?

Strangely, I’m not trying to wind you up, just that the above is my impression of Liverpool as a city and the Merseyside region in general. Am I wrong?
I visited a friend who works at Liverpool university recently - the 'Georgian quarter' there is beautiful. A bit like the area around Byrom Street in Manchester but a lot bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.