Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not saying that - just suggesting that it is a possibility. If anything, I was just countering the argument from some that the refs are being deliberately bent towards Liverpool but if that was the case then why was that shocker of a decision allowed to happen on Saturday?
I hear what you are saying but I just think the English ref’s have to be amongst the most incompetent in Europe. Listen to the VAR discussion in the Wolves v Rag game, the non penalty, it was like school kids in a playground, there was no authoritative voice as we get in Cricket and Rugby, they’re an absolute shambles.

No I'm not saying that - just suggesting that it is a possibility. If anything, I was just countering the argument from some that the refs are being deliberately bent towards Liverpool but if that was the case then why was that shocker of a decision allowed to happen on Saturday?
Because they were attempting to help Liverpool by not checking it.

If they actually get anywhere with their 'range of options', what's to stop every single team who has a VAR decision wrongly go against them doing the same? This will set a ridiculous precedent.

I have seen a leaked email with LFC options.
1, liverpool are never off side
2, the opponents are always off side
3, liverpool never handball
4, liverpool will never need a large screen
5, liverpool fans never to be arrested
6, opponents fans to be arrested for not being dipper fans.
7, liverpool to win the league every season
8, all pundits must be ex liverpool players and only say nice things about lfc
9, no commentators allowed to speak over their anthem
10, commenters must never mention the cost of a LFC player and always say klopp does well on a shoe string budget

So...the Liverpool statement is interesting!

"Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined....

Integrity.......interesting word. Suggests suspected deliberate foul play......

We fully accept the pressures that match officials work under but these pressures are supposed to be alleviated, not exacerbated, by the existence and implementation of VAR....

You guys might want to consider what impact on match officials your bullying, hectoring manager has - and indeed the actions of your players (think Robertson's confrontation last year or, if that's too far back, Van Dyke's abusive and insulting words which copped him an extra match ban recently). As always with you guys, you refuse to accept your are part of any problems with this sort of stuff and by refusing to do so, or omitting to accept it, you are fuelling it

It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.

Agreed. Clear cock up that should have been sorted at the time

That such failings have already been categorised as “significant human error” is also unacceptable. Any and all outcomes should be established only by the review and with full transparency.

Doubling down on "integrity". This appears to suggest something "underhand" has gone on to me, or at least Liverpool suspect it wasn't human error.....It would be interesting to see their proof for this, or even why they suspect it. At the very least the governing bodies must be interested in this. Yet again, after referees and others have already intimated publicly, there are concerns over the integrity of the sport and, ergo, suggestions that it is being corrupted. This needs to be investigated above and beyond this incideint

This is vital for the reliability of future decision-making as it applies to all clubs with learnings being used to make improvements to processes in order to ensure this kind of situation cannot occur again....

Agreed

In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution."

Angling for a replayed game here. Quite clearly. There are an absolute host of disallowed goals in games that are debatable or have been clearly wrong, with no replayed matches before. The arrogance of them being in receipt of a replay is, well, peak Scouse

Apologies if potato head has already been posted but I think this is his best video yet.

I know I shouldn't watch - but I just do enjoy wallowing in their pathetic self-entitled grief.

Strangely, on this rare occasion they have good cause - I agree with their view of 2 of the 3 key incidents - but fuck it, I see it as Karma responding to the years of utter bollocks that the perpetual victims have spewed over the years

Shame on me perhaps - but I found it even more enjoyable to watch given that they had valid reasons for a change

Last edited:
In play Betting syndicates
you dont do betting syndicates where everyone looks surely? I mean arranging for games to go against lfc or utd is going to have EVERYONE all over it. Betting sydicates look to do minor stuff where no one is looking I thought.

If they had done it here then they are stupid, under everyones nose with the biggest most hate filled fanbase and suspicious media around? Nah I dont see it....

Sounds fanciful to me, and victimful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.