Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they are refunding the prize money they won for beating Wolves in the FA Cup when Wolves goal was offside at Anfield because there was no camera angle. Oh Hang on, turns out they are not, this is just one way when it goes against them
though tbh I am glad this has happened because they will create a shitstorm about it where as all other teams have moans by fans and occasionally managers and that is it. Maybe something will come of this better for all if they follow it through (Although I doubt it)
How many teams have had good goals ruled out by fubious VAR against them! Its a joke that they act like the only victims of this

Am I right in saying both Brighton and Wolves have received a couple of apologies from PGMOL but just quietly carried on regardless without resorting to these type of bullying threats. What exactly do they mean when they say they will "explore the range of options available given the clear need for escalation and resolution".

When they also say that "sporting integrity has been undermined" does that also include hacking other club's databases, smashing up other teams coaches on a number of occasions, having no screens at their stadium, not having VAR work at their stadium or or these just things that happen within the game.

They wonder why they are called the victims and then they go and do this. I can't stand Gary ' I am desperate to be Mayor or just something relevant' Neville but when he says their statement is a mistake I agree. They should have had private conversations with the relevant people and kept it in house.

OK I have worked out what happened. Sometime last week Sheikh Mansour realised we were going to lose to Wolves so he arranged for England and his mate to referee a match in the UAE last Thursday. Whilst they were in the hotel they were bribed by the Sheikhs mates, might have been coke and hookers might have been straight cash it doesn't really matter, the point is they were told the throw the scouse game so they wouldn't go top.

When I said I've worked it out, what I mean is I read it on twitter.
Fuck - I can see that going viral in dipperland

The disallowed goal was 100% wrong, but for me the red card was correct. Gary Neville's "he wasn't trying to do him" means nowt, it's irrelevant. Nowadays the players have a duty of care to each other and Jones had no control over the challenge he made.

The ref was actually quite consistent throughout with a strict approach to foul challenges. Exactly what we don't get when we play, as our opponents are allowed to do whatever we want in order to give them a chance.

If we had a ref like the one they had yesterday whenever we played them at Anfield, we'd have won every match there since Pep joined.
100% red card, straight leg studs up right over the ball. You can't make challenges like that and get away with it. it was a leg breaker, awful challenge

That's all well and good but how does that square with that goal not being awarded the other night?

And as @JASR said, betting could be the key here
So you think the assistant ref and VAR refs are complicit here to help “betting syndicates”?

It’s beyond belief this could happen, all the refs would have to be involved and there’s never a guarantee a situation like the offside goal arises. They could bet on a Tottenham win but there was plenty of the match to go, also if there was an unusual weight of money on an outcome it stands out like a sore thumb.

Even the Far East bookmakers are not charities and would be highly suspicious of unusual activity. It’s fanciful that this incident in such a high profile game would have been down to betting, it’s just not happening.

Small spot bets on the likes of the next corner in a lower league game are susceptible but it’s small beer, nothing like the amounts you’d have to pay to get refs of all statures to agree to a bent decision in a high profile game. They wouldn’t risk their lucrative careers and jail, they would be found out so quickly.

Am I reading the Victims statement differently to you guys ? To me it is carefully worded but it is accusing the Premier League/Pigmob of possible cheating.
This is serious stuff. Threats to 'take it further' ! Where, to court, where else could they mean?

Time to call their bluff :) Fuck them over very week now until they accept the mistake. Think of the viewing figures. I'd watch it :D

If they actually get anywhere with their 'range of options', what's to stop every single team who has a VAR decision wrongly go against them doing the same? This will set a ridiculous precedent.

So you think the assistant ref and VAR refs are complicit here to help “betting syndicates”?

It’s beyond belief this could happen, all the refs would have to be involved and there’s never a guarantee a situation like the offside goal arises. They could bet on a Tottenham win but there was plenty of the match to go, also if there was an unusual weight of money on an outcome it stands out like a sore thumb.

Even the Far East bookmakers are not charities and would be highly suspicious of unusual activity. It’s fanciful that this incident in such a high profile game would have been down to betting, it’s just not happening.

Small spot bets on the likes of the next corner in a lower league game are susceptible but it’s small beer, nothing like the amounts you’d have to pay to get refs of all statures to agree to a bent decision in a high profile game. They wouldn’t risk a lucrative careers and jail, they would be found out so quickly.
No I'm not saying that - just suggesting that it is a possibility. If anything, I was just countering the argument from some that the refs are being deliberately bent towards Liverpool but if that was the case then why was that shocker of a decision allowed to happen on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.