Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The range of distinct accents in the north west is amazing. You can go 5 miles and people will speak differently.
I’ve a fairly standard Manc accent and years ago worked with a guy from Barnoldswick, who’d never been south of Bury his whole life. About a year into working together, he asked me where in Liverpool I was from. If I thought he was taking the piss I’d have told him to fuck off, but I knew he was being genuine and was totally surprised to learn that I was from Moss Side.
I was at a party in Devon a few years ago and a few people asked me if i was from Liverpool. I said to my wife i have never been so fucking insulted in my life.

Unfortunately this is what happens when you attach yourself to a weird cult like Liverpool. This notion that Guardiola has deprived Klopp of some golden era is laughable, they also love going on how about how many trophies Klopp would have won if he’d managed on Guardiola’s budget. Trouble is he was never in the frame for the City job, it’s pretty apparent he wasn’t.
What kind of bizarre logic the cult has! They already had the best team in the world, the best players in every position, the best bench players in every position, the best manager, the best club.
They still lost to the 'small club' and the 'fraud manager' multiple times. It's time they question Flopp why he failed to win more trophies with the best team that ever graced this planet earth.
It's time that they accept that Pep is head and shoulders above all his peers and the best manager of all time!

What kind of bizarre logic the cult has! They already had the best team in the world, the best players in every position, the best bench players in every position, the best manager, the best club.
They still lost to the 'small club' and the 'fraud manager' multiple times. It's time they question Flopp why he failed to win more trophies with the best team that ever graced this planet earth.
It's time that they accept that Pep is head and shoulders above all his peers and the best manager of all time!
Your last sentence is about flying pigs!

I was at a party in Devon a few years ago and a few people asked me if i was from Liverpool. I said to my wife i have never been so fucking insulted in my life.
Scouse accent is rather unique not to everybody's taste mind you.. the manc accent is dreadful tho.. it typifies the grimm up north stereotype of whippets and black puddings... Yorkshire accent to.

Scouse accent is rather unique not to everybody's taste mind you.. the manc accent is dreadful tho.. it typifies the grimm up north stereotype of whippets and black puddings... Yorkshire accent to.
The Manc accent at least sounds streetwise, intelligent, authoritative, even menacing at times - the scouse accent just comes over as thick, gormless and stupid. Neither are Richard Burton, but I know which I prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.