Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am proud of my Manc accent

Yup, the real Manc accent got shifted to the extremes of Manchester in the late 50's and 60's, the accent in central Manchester has changed it's just a noise with a bit of a twang :)

The scouse accent is an abomination though, they speak in a manner that alerts police Dogs.

Dey do do don't dey?

Scouse accent is rather unique not to everybody's taste mind you.. the manc accent is dreadful tho.. it typifies the grimm up north stereotype of whippets and black puddings... Yorkshire accent to.
Scousers sound like they are trying to cough up phlegm every time they speak. Close cousins to the North Wales accent. Just more shrill.

The Manc accent at least sounds streetwise, intelligent, authoritative, even menacing at times - the scouse accent just comes over as thick, gormless and stupid. Neither are Richard Burton, but I know which I prefer.
Haha your joking aren’t you, the Manc accent is awful mate from an outside point of view and apart from a few twangs here and there it sounds the same as if you come from St Helens.. Warrington... Manchester all the way to Yorkshire, there is nothing at all unique or that links your home or place of birth.
Just for the record i am born and bred in Liverpool and have a true scouse accent not a plastic one like people from Huyton. Kirkby or Bootle have however I must admit when I hear those high pitch scouse accents on the telly like Carragher I do cringe.

Haha your joking aren’t you, the Manc accent is awful mate from an outside point of view and apart from a few twangs here and there it sounds the same as if you come from St Helens.. Warrington... Manchester all the way to Yorkshire, there is nothing at all unique or that links your home or place of birth.
Just for the record i am born and bred in Liverpool and have a true scouse accent not a plastic one like people from Huyton. Kirkby or Bootle have however I must admit when I hear those high pitch scouse accents on the telly like Carragher I do cringe.
There are huge differences in dialect in the places you've decided to list. Granted - scouse, Geordie and Brummie accents are more stand out - but in an almost panto way.
Just so we know what we're dealing with - who has the "true scouse accent" that we may know of? Cilla? Paul O'Grady? Dean Sullivan? Billy Butler? Aldo?

You probably sound like a **** in real life as well then

I assume your nickname is “tin ear.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.