Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have hit the nail squarely on the head with this point mate.. deffo agree with the ground populated with out of towners.. would go as far as to say they should call it Alton Towers instead of Anfield with the amount of tourists.
I would also agree with your point about local urchins who live around the ground.. Anfield is quite a rough and ready type area which would deffo breed a thug type but having said that it would only breed the same as Moss Side in Manchester.. Elephant and Castle or Bermondsey around Millwall or Handsworth in Birmingham.. all places have good and bad even tho there are more good people who live in those areas mentioned..
Just in case you’ve forgotten; Manchester City no longer play in Moss Side.

Edgiest grounds I’ve been to are the Dell and Elland Road. Sat in the home end at the latter when we beat them in 2000. Wanchope was immense that night.
Never found The Dell particularly bad in my personal experience, saw City at Southampton's old ground a few times, absolute shit hole though. Now, The Den on the other hand and The New Den they certainly were 'edgy', especially that game in the 3rd tier in 98.
Talking of going in home ends, I went in the home end against West Ham at Upton Park in the early 90s when we got a last minute winner there,.Couldn't actually sit on my hands as I was standing so had to shove them in my pockets!!
Getting back to the actual thread, ever since I've been going to matches Liverpool have always had one of the most unpleasant , toxic fan bases. Most opposing fans no matter who they support tend to agree with this, but the media just don't seem to (or choose not to) accept this!

Never found The Dell particularly bad in my personal experience, saw City at Southampton's old ground a few times, absolute shit hole though. Now, The Den on the other hand and The New Den they certainly were 'edgy', especially that game in the 3rd tier in 98.
Talking of going in home ends, I went in the home end against West Ham at Upton Park in the early 90s when we got a last minute winner there,.Couldn't actually sit on my hands as I was standing so had to shove them in my pockets!!
Getting back to the actual thread, ever since I've been going to matches Liverpool have always had one of the most unpleasant , toxic fan bases. Most opposing fans no matter who they support tend to agree with this, but the media just don't seem to (or choose not to) accept this!

You know the reason.

Haha! Sorry mate it was a typo - meant to post the Den! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.