Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
These days the Anfield crowd is very strange. They do have lots of fans from overseas, Southern England, and Ireland. But the stadium is surrounded by scrotes from the local area who are always looking for trouble. The nearby pubs are always packed out watching their games on TV by people who have been priced out of buying tickets. I have no idea why some of their fans are in denial about their thuggish elements. All clubs have them.
You have hit the nail squarely on the head with this point mate.. deffo agree with the ground populated with out of towners.. would go as far as to say they should call it Alton Towers instead of Anfield with the amount of tourists.
I would also agree with your point about local urchins who live around the ground.. Anfield is quite a rough and ready type area which would deffo breed a thug type but having said that it would only breed the same as Moss Side in Manchester.. Elephant and Castle or Bermondsey around Millwall or Handsworth in Birmingham.. all places have good and bad even tho there are more good people who live in those areas mentioned..

Not been to Anfield for a few years, and in my 30s and 40s I always went to City games there as a corporate guest, which shields you from all that. But went there in the City end a few times in my late teens and early 20s and it was always really edgy.

Although the most scrapping I saw at an away game on Merseyside was after the League Cup quarter final against Everton in the 1987/8 season.
Quite agree.. Anfield does have an edgy feel to it for a visiting fan.. when I used to go away in the 70s and 80s I always felt those edgy grounds like United.. Leeds.. Newcastle and Chelsea were the best ones to visit because wins there seem to mean more somehow.

Quite agree.. Anfield does have an edgy feel to it for a visiting fan.. when I used to go away in the 70s and 80s I always felt those edgy grounds like United.. Leeds.. Newcastle and Chelsea were the best ones to visit because wins there seem to mean more somehow.
Edgiest grounds I’ve been to are the Dell and Elland Road. Sat in the home end at the latter when we beat them in 2000. Wanchope was immense that night.

Edgiest grounds I’ve been to are the Dell and Elland Road. Sat in the home end at the latter when we beat them in 2000. Wanchope was immense that night.
Think most grounds were edgy in the 1980s.. especially early 80s.. maybe they reflected working class society at the time.. having said that I would go back to them footballing times in a heartbeat over today’s sanitised game.

Sure we will hear about a couple of columbain gangsters who went on holiday to Abu Dhabi last week

Another packed Stade De France for a RWC game. Amazing how the stadium authorities and Paris plod have only ever managed to fuck up 50% of one single major sporting event in all the packed out gigs held there since 1998.
I think you may be on to something here.. my own opinion is football supporters act differently than other sports fans maybe it’s education.. I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.