Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sort of forgotten about Liverpool a bit. They are somewhat boring albeit our most credible challenge on the field. United are our enemy and always will be.
I think after today you can rest easy...as today showed why we are off the pace and will only be fighting for top 4 this year.
As well driled as Luton were and as well as they stuck to that game plan, City would have hammered them. Thre appeared to be little urgency until after Luton had taken the lead and little guile to unlock them.
I thought it a very very dull game that only sparked into some sort of life after Luton scored.
Gomez shouldnt have been starting and TAA gave the ball away far too many times. MacAllister not a number 6 and if you sell for £50mill then I think we should bite your hand off for Phillips.
I shall try and forget that miss...Oh dear!!!!

I think after today you can rest easy...as today showed why we are off the pace and will only be fighting for top 4 this year.
As well driled as Luton were and as well as they stuck to that game plan, City would have hammered them. Thre appeared to be little urgency until after Luton had taken the lead and little guile to unlock them.
I thought it a very very dull game that only sparked into some sort of life after Luton scored.
Gomez shouldnt have been starting and TAA gave the ball away far too many times. MacAllister not a number 6 and if you sell for £50mill then I think we should bite your hand off for Phillips.
I still think Liverpool are our main challengers as they have goals in them. Arteta is too emotional and they lack clinical goal attack. I may be wrong and I don't ever expect anything having watched us in the third tier.

Like I have said previously.. yes lots of southern accents around that night but that was always the case when Liverpool played in London or abroad, cockney reds always came in numbers. My question is unless these people came in Chelsea or Millwall colours.. sang Chelsea or Millwall songs while they were there.. brought flags or banners with them to display at the match or failing that went around telling everyone they were fans of Chelsea or Millwall then how would anyone know they were there.
Peter Robinson and John Smith both attempted to apportion blame for Heysel to Chelsea fans.

How would they know they were there?

When is somebody going to publicly call out the likes of carragher and the other cultists continually falsely labeling "tragedy chanting"?

I didn't watch the game to hear it but I'm assuming Luton fans sang "always the victim"? These cunts are wrongly labeling the fans as the type that mock death with the overwhelming majority knowing full well that isnt the case and in doing so are ironically displaying the exact victim mentality that song eludes to. Has to be some kind of slander claim.

No every team gets a few performance in a season like you had today. We had one at Wolves and we weren't great at Arsenal either. Last season we dropped points at Forest. Luton played out of their skins today. In these sort of games the bigger side seem to be in a kind of slumber.

No every team gets a few performance in a season like you had today. We had one at Wolves and we weren't great at Arsenal either. Last season we dropped points at Forest. Luton played out of their skins today. In these sort of games the bigger side seem to be in a kind of slumber.
Thdre is truth in this - but I dont think the examples you give are comparable. We were missing prob our 3 best players against both Arsenal and Wolves; and we played Forest off the park that day and missed a sackload of chances. Liverpool looked abjectly ordinary today and on another day would have lost to a relegation near certainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.