Liverpool Thread | 2024/25

I’ve just read that the team from the wrong end of the East Lancs played “breathtaking football”.
As I am not in the mood to watch MOTD is this true/false/sycophantic notice or what? ;-)
If the rags or the dippers win then I will not watch the highlights, so I can't answer that. But if they lose then I will analyse every frame of the play back, sneer, and make unnecessarily spiteful and derisory comments.

This is a pastime I have become very good at over the years.

If the rags or the dippers win then I will not watch the highlights, so I can't answer that. But if they lose then I will analyse every frame of the play back, sneer, and make unnecessarily spiteful and derisory comments.

This is a pastime I have become very good at over the years.
I don’t often watch either if they win or lose. ;-)

Both Sty new an SSN going completely OTT with their sycophancy over Earnie's first game.

Littlewoods were playing a team that has won back-to-back promotions, with several players, who have played in all four divisions, and though they were the better side in the first half, they put everything into keeping their opponents out in the first period, and they clearly ran out of steam, after half-time.

Their naïveté (and tiredness) cost them in the end, but they didn’t half make Littlewoods look ordinary in the first half.

I’ve just read that the team from the wrong end of the East Lancs played “breathtaking football”.
As I am not in the mood to watch MOTD is this true/false/sycophantic nonsense or what? ;-)
It was breathtaking for the players hence the inhalers at half time.

Liverpool weren't good at all in he first half. Liverpool did play well in the second half, but this was when Ipswich legs had gone and you could walk through their midfield. I'd said to my friend at half time that Liverpool's fitness compared to Ipswich would show in the second half. It took the commentators until the 80th minute or so to see this common sense and mention the fitness difference between a top third premier league team and a newly promoted team from the championship.

Liverpool weren't good at all in he first half. Liverpool did play well in the second half, but this was when Ipswich legs had gone and you could walk through their midfield. I'd said to my friend at half time that Liverpool's fitness compared to Ipswich would show in the second half. It took the commentators until the 80th minute or so to see this common sense and mention the fitness difference between a top third premier league team and a newly promoted team from the championship.
Agree. But then what do we expect from BT( TNT) 'knowledgeable' commentators.....???

They want Gary Gillespie sacked from some Liverpool tv channel because he didn't think Salah was world class.

But then what do we expect from BT( TNT) 'knowledgeable' commentators.....???
Crouch and Joke Hole at HT were both echoing from the same hymn sheet that Liverpoo need to stop playing it out from the back and launch long balls for Salah & Jota to run onto.

"Breathtaking hoofball" indeed.

Crouch and Joke Hole at HT were both echoing from the same hymn sheet that Liverpoo need to stop playing it out from the back and launch long balls for Salah & Jota to run onto.

"Breathtaking hoofball" indeed.
Err,

Isn’t that exactly what they were doing in the first half?

Otherwise, they were watching a different game to the one I was.

I took the opportunity to make dinner for Mrs Vienna and me during half-time, so I wouldn’t have to listen to their inane comments.

I didn’t even realise Cole was in the studio, until I read your post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.