Liverpool Thread | 2024/25

Is it wrong of me to think Slot isn’t as much of a despicable **** as Klopp? I think it was the teeth for me, and the way he would stare down the opposite team during warm up.

And his **** laugh.

I dont know what you're talking about they love us :

Rawk Quote from: Big Dirk on Today at 07:29:53 pm
That sort of 'balance' is not tolerated on Rawk - you must be assimilated.

That post was quickly jumped on. The next 2 posts were:

Barneylfc∗

xx.gif

Re: Premier League Fixtures 31st August - 1st September

« Reply #580 on: Yesterday at 10:52:52 pm »

Quote from: Big Dirk on Yesterday at 07:29:53 pm
Not sure on the numbers but I would say Arsenal have outspent City in recent times...Pep has showed that he is willing to give the kids a chance if they are good enough….I’ve no doubt they have broken the rules but these past few seasons they are a well run club.
Jesus. This post wouldn't look out of place in blue loon. Well run club
:D

Out of curiosity I had a quick scan of your post history. Over 100 posts in the last 12 months, numerous mentions of "City" yet not a single criticism.

Weird.

------------------------------------------------

xx.gif

Re: Premier League Fixtures 31st August - 1st September

« Reply #581 on: Yesterday at 10:58:32 pm »

Quote from: Big Dirk on Yesterday at 07:29:53 pm
Not sure on the numbers but I would say Arsenal have outspent City in recent times...Pep has showed that he is willing to give the kids a chance if they are good enough….I’ve no doubt they have broken the rules but these past few seasons they are a well run club.
Dear me.
We’ve got another one.

They look like they might challenge for the title with the adjustment in style under slot …..early days but they are looking good so far and have a strong squad.
Yea they look very good, but again I think they'll finally run out of gas a little as they reach the final run in

And I think their lack of a natural DM will be most obvious when they come up against better teams

Slot has played 10 players in the first 3 games, and he's had essentially a full and healthy squad (unlike how we are playing the same team because so many came back to fitness late)

With the champions league games they'll have to play a stronger team more often, in the Europa they could field weaker teams

Top 3 is set though, even this early

I didnt think they looked that good today against a very shit united. Up until the first goal it was all knock it into the channels for the forwards to chase. The goals came from United errors and only created chances in the 2nd half cos United had 2 kids in the midfield and none of their senior players helped them out.
They are top heavy with forwards with no midfield backup if McAllister or Slobozlai gets injured.
They'll get top 4, but won't be anywhere near winning the title.

Joint top but haven’t played a decent team yet
My thoughts exactly. You cannot judge how well Slots team will play based on the opposition. Even today Im not sure it was because we were good or Trafford Utd were simply shit.
As others have said, the issue is the midfield. As good as Szobozslai is I do think he may burn out again. He started last season well and then lost it completely later in the year. Add in perhaps a touch of arrigance, shown by his failure to simply smash the ball when having an clear sight of goal and then wasting the chance, then I did think we need more numbers to support him and MacAllister.
I'm afraid I go into most game thinking we just simply cannot afford to drop points as City once again look like a machine.
A case of hanging onto the coattails and then seeing how we do against you lot and Arsenal.

They look like they might challenge for the title with the adjustment in style under slot …..early days but they are looking good so far and have a strong squad.
They looked decent, but I don't see much adjustment in style - still looked like kick and rush with the main threat being getting the ball long /wide to the front three who break quickly to panic the defence. Same old, but not as good as in their pomp under klopp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.