Liverpool Thread | 2024/25

I think the seamless transition really highlights that good players take control on the pitch. We all over egg managers including us with Pep...Statistically nearly half of goals scored come from mistakes from the opposition..crazy I know. Whilst a team can harry the opposition into mistakes (through being well organised) a lot goals come from just terrible decisions ..poor back pass, not looking over the shoulder etc...so manager don't half take a lot of credit for what their team does on the pitch. In the Tony Book era most were pretty much accepting that its the players who do the work and the managers (in the main) got paid about half of the players salary - now, for some reason, managers are superstars! Klopp made a lot of money out of that - one league win in 9 years yet he made millions and millions out of Liverpool - Modern football eh!
I think football has become more tactical. Under Pep City swap formations three or four times every match. It needs smart players to do that. You are right about individual errors. But United look like a bunch of headless chickens. It seemed clear that LFC were following a plan.

I think the seamless transition really highlights that good players take control on the pitch. We all over egg managers including us with Pep...Statistically nearly half of goals scored come from mistakes from the opposition..crazy I know. Whilst a team can harry the opposition into mistakes (through being well organised) a lot goals come from just terrible decisions ..poor back pass, not looking over the shoulder etc...so manager don't half take a lot of credit for what their team does on the pitch. In the Tony Book era most were pretty much accepting that its the players who do the work and the managers (in the main) got paid about half of the players salary - now, for some reason, managers are superstars! Klopp made a lot of money out of that - one league win in 9 years yet he made millions and millions out of Liverpool - Modern football eh!
Heard some journos on one podcast claiming they were tired of watching clubs and international teams copying Pep and playing out from the back. They wanted goalies punting the ball towards the opposition corner flag and a step back to the era where they could complain about British teams not being as skillfull as foreign clubs. Imagine anyone wanting to bring back the era of big Sam, Pardew, etc, expecting to be taken seriously.

Not disagreeing per se, but I would not say "average", more that they would expect to get results. They have played Brentford (at home) who will give teams a hard time with their pace and pressing, I would say that's not a given especially for a first game, then they won at Ipswich (which is a given) and then went to the Rags where they did not win last year and we all know that the rags can pull a shock off. So although they would hope to win all 3, its not a given. I really dislike the Dippers but can see them and Arse being very difficult this season.
the same argument can be levelled against us. We have had similar fixtures to Liverpool and have produced expected results. So far they look well organised and have strength in depth. They are untried yet but I suspect under Slot they may be calmer under pressure. That's a double edged sword as they may lose a little of the maniacal intensity that Klopp drove them with when they needed a late winner. Take Diaz out and they might struggle.

He, Trent, has become the most childish, annoying, and big headed **** in football.

With his stupid pose at City last season, now this, and other childish acts. Grow up you daft twat.

They look good so far, albeit a relatively kind set of opening fixtures.

On paper things look pretty straight forward for them until their October 27th meeting with Arsenal. I would be massively surprised if they dont have 24/24 points by then.

Three games in is way too early to go formulating the Dippers as a rival or any other team for that matter.
Why give yourself 9 months of anxiety on behalf of the Dips?
Having said all that, the Rags are really shite, really full on shite.

Heard some journos on one podcast claiming they were tired of watching clubs and international teams copying Pep and playing out from the back. They wanted goalies punting the ball towards the opposition corner flag and a step back to the era where they could complain about British teams not being as skillfull as foreign clubs. Imagine anyone wanting to bring back the era of big Sam, Pardew, etc, expecting to be taken seriously.

You never hear them or write about kick and run football when 95% of teams did that 20 years ago

He, Trent, has become the most childish, annoying, and big headed **** in football.

With his stupid pose at City last season, now this, and other childish acts. Grow up you daft twat.

WTF is that mad walk of shame about, the rags really are embarrassing :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.