Liverpool Thread | 2024/25

They looked decent, but I don't see much adjustment in style - still looked like kick and rush with the main threat being getting the ball long /wide to the front three who break quickly to panic the defence. Same old, but not as good as in their pomp under klopp.
I thought their midfield looked more capable. They look a good team and may well push us.

I thought their midfield looked more capable. They look a good team and may well push us.
Today was the first time I've seen them and I thought the midfield only looked good because the rags were such a shambles. I agree they will be up there though.

They looked decent, but I don't see much adjustment in style - still looked like kick and rush with the main threat being getting the ball long /wide to the front three who break quickly to panic the defence. Same old, but not as good as in their pomp under klopp.
They’ve beaten very average opponents so far so we can’t judge them yet on these performances. Robertson and Tront look as despicable as they ever were and the defending against the rags still gave chances which I think Erling would have buried

I find it a much easier watch without that deranged gurning psycho patrolling the dugout and assaulting the fourth official every two minutes.

Slot actually looks reasonably normal.
They still have Robertson and TA though so lots to dislike.

They’ve beaten very average opponents so far so we can’t judge them yet on these performances. Robertson and Tront look as despicable as they ever were and the defending against the rags still gave chances which I think Erling would have buried
Not disagreeing per se, but I would not say "average", more that they would expect to get results. They have played Brentford (at home) who will give teams a hard time with their pace and pressing, I would say that's not a given especially for a first game, then they won at Ipswich (which is a given) and then went to the Rags where they did not win last year and we all know that the rags can pull a shock off. So although they would hope to win all 3, its not a given. I really dislike the Dippers but can see them and Arse being very difficult this season.

They look very well organised. It is impressive they have changed their style so quickly. It is obvious that Slot knows what he is doing. Early days but they look better than Arsenal for starters.
I think the seamless transition really highlights that good players take control on the pitch. We all over egg managers including us with Pep...Statistically nearly half of goals scored come from mistakes from the opposition..crazy I know. Whilst a team can harry the opposition into mistakes (through being well organised) a lot goals come from just terrible decisions ..poor back pass, not looking over the shoulder etc...so manager don't half take a lot of credit for what their team does on the pitch. In the Tony Book era most were pretty much accepting that its the players who do the work and the managers (in the main) got paid about half of the players salary - now, for some reason, managers are superstars! Klopp made a lot of money out of that - one league win in 9 years yet he made millions and millions out of Liverpool - Modern football eh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.