Liverpool Thread | 2024/25

This is why they won't win the league & of course, we are better anyway.
Their subs bench yesterday, not much there

• Caoimhin Kelleher#62
  • Joe Gomez#2
  • Wataru Endo#3
  • Darwin Nunez#9
  • Cody Gakpo#18
  • Harvey Elliott#19
  • Kostas Tsimikas#21
  • Jarell Quansah#78
  • Conor Bradley#84
Only a fool would write off Darwin ;)

Because they understood that!

The majority of journos grew up with old kick and rush type of football where you describe a players physical attributes or commitment levels. Most have absolutely no idea about modern football or how to explain it.

They just want a 'story' with heroes and villains rather than any actual details of the different tactics utilised during a match and the measures taken to counter them.
Where did I hear yesterday that refs were told to let it get rough on the pitch. Apparently this is England and that's the way we play it. We'll, the redshirts do. The PL is so fooking neanderthal.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about Liverpool challenging for the title, they haven't played any good teams yet, but maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Brentford.

Heard some journos on one podcast claiming they were tired of watching clubs and international teams copying Pep and playing out from the back. They wanted goalies punting the ball towards the opposition corner flag and a step back to the era where they could complain about British teams not being as skillfull as foreign clubs. Imagine anyone wanting to bring back the era of big Sam, Pardew, etc, expecting to be taken seriously.
Agree...although in reality Chelsea's league winning side pre Pep was pretty good with the likes of Zola et al... I just think Managers get way too much credit - we have all played...it's just as much about players anticipating well..and reacting to situations well from experience. The game is too fast to dissect into 'plays' ..i think the glorification of managers is a bad thing for football as it stunts the mind set of those 'around' the club when a manager leaves. Brighton change yearly - still just as good, Liverpool look more solid this year already...when Pep goes - if were still in Prem, we will have some of the best [players in the world still..It's the players that do all the heavy lifting really

Heard some journos on one podcast claiming they were tired of watching clubs and international teams copying Pep and playing out from the back. They wanted goalies punting the ball towards the opposition corner flag and a step back to the era where they could complain about British teams not being as skillfull as foreign clubs. Imagine anyone wanting to bring back the era of big Sam, Pardew, etc, expecting to be taken seriously.
Although big Sam pulled together a proper side at Bolton, full of class. I think he gets shoved into the kick and rush stereotype because of his demeanor and lazy journalism...as always!!

This is why they won't win the league & of course, we are better anyway.
Their subs bench yesterday, not much there

• Caoimhin Kelleher#62
  • Joe Gomez#2
  • Wataru Endo#3
  • Darwin Nunez#9
  • Cody Gakpo#18
  • Harvey Elliott#19
  • Kostas Tsimikas#21
  • Jarell Quansah#78
  • Conor Bradley#84
Its not that bad.
Maybe lacking a little experience

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.