Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?

Given the restrictions we faced and the loss of form of both Yaya and Kompany not too disappointed. How did you feel about Liverpool's season?

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league?

Quarter finals of the CL, a good domestic cup run and top 2 in the league, hopefully 1st.

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?

Pellegrini has my absolute trust. He's probably going to leave at the season's end once his contract finishes so I can't see him being sacked.

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?

Happy enough, pity we lost Milner but Sterling is a more than adequate replacement, I'll be very happy if we get Kevin de Bruyne.

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?

We need a top notch central midfielder to replace/supplement Yaya. Gundogan would be my choice but Pogba seems to be the club's and no complaints there.

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?

I liked it. What was your take on the disgraceful treatment of a 20 year old by your ex players and fans?

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).

Clyne's alright. Benteke and Milner will be very good signings for a team in your position if you use them correctly. The rest are underwhelming. Not a fan of Firmino and didn't want him here when we were linked.

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league?

Somewhere between 6th and 10th

9) Do you want Balotelli?

Nope, got a lot of time for him as long as he's not here.

Hi all,

Liverpool fan in peace (as the title suggests!).

I write for a Liverpool site called The Tomkins Times and as a preseason warm up, I am trying to gauge the opinions of fans of others clubs.

If you could take a few minutes to answer some questions for an article, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Krish

1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?

A bit disappointing but that just shows how the expectations of the fans and the club have risen since the takeover. We genuinely believe we can win any/all domestic competitions have yet proven ourselves in CL but to be honest I am not really bothered I havent enjoyed the CL anything like as much as I expected

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league?

I think this year the league will be very close but hope we may just come out on top but injuries to key players will be the difference to which team wins. Hazard Sanchez Aguero if any of those get injured will mean that team will struggle

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?

Yes I do he has the team playing attractive attacking football. I dont think City will do any knee jerk sacking

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?

Very much so. It is only ever going to be a tinker here and there from now on we have the core of a great squad so will only ever need to refresh 2/3 players each summer window

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?

I feel we need to strengthen the LB position but they might leave it this year with a view to Angelino being the long term solution. CM would also be an area but maybe Fernando will improve as some players do take longer to adjust to the premier league

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?

I will answer your question with a question. What was your take on the Dejan Lovren transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move? I didnt see twitter death threats to him. I didnt hear wailing from ex-Liverpool players saying it was a disgrace. This is why Liverpool are starting to be as hated as United by City fans. We hate hyprocrisy. When SWP left us to go to Chelsea we were gutted but we understood that he was going to better things unfortunately Liverpool fans havent yet realised how their club is perceived by the top players

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).

Some solid if unspectacular players the sort who will be 6.5/10 in most games. It is impossible to say how those from outside the PL will fare so will wait to pass judgement Samaras looked unbelievable before coming to us

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league?

I think 7th

9) Do you want Balotelli?

No

Thanks again for your help.

Rumours today that Mario has been told he has no future at Liverpool, will not be going on tour with them and has asked to "train away from the first team". Loyalty is a one way street by the look of it. I expect Thommo, Lawro, Stevie G and all the other mawkish ex players will be coming out and saying what a disgrace it is to treat a player like this. Or maybe not!

If that's true it's a disgrace. If there's no place for him then organize a loan deal at least. I'd love to see him loaned to a promoted team where the fans would idolize them and he'd get back into his groove on the pitch. Be like Anelka for us back in the day. - what a signing he was.

If that's true it's a disgrace. If there's no place for him then organize a loan deal at least. I'd love to see him loaned to a promoted team where the fans would idolize them and he'd get back into his groove on the pitch. Be like Anelka for us back in the day. - what a signing he was.
I really cant see him being a huge success anywhere he goes now. The guy has talent and we saw plenty of it when he was here. He just doesn't have the attitude that will help him succeed. I thought he actually looked like he was improving towards the end of the season but he just self destructs and seems to do his upmost to piss the people around him off. I can't imagine many teams in England would go anywhere near him. More likely he'll end up back in Italy and his career will continue to decline.

Rumours today that Mario has been told he has no future at Liverpool, will not be going on tour with them and has asked to "train away from the first team". Loyalty is a one way street by the look of it. I expect Thommo, Lawro, Stevie G and all the other mawkish ex players will be coming out and saying what a disgrace it is to treat a player like this. Or maybe not!
Class, Dignity, Respect.

If I was at a bottom half club I'd be clammering to get him in. That is if I had a manager who wasn't up his own ass in self importance. And I was going to play 451. In a very defensive team the long ball to Mario could be very fruitful. Give him freedom and I bet he'd be worth it. If he was on loan too it's less of a gamble.

I cang see what he's done bad over the past year. A few silly tweets? Who cares about them? Footballing wise he is not far away from being very decent.

Imagine the impact he'd have at somewhere like Bournemouth, the locals wouldn't know what hit them.

It's a shame he not so much as lost his way but never really found it, he could have been our nice version of that kung-fu kick tosser from the rags but never given a chance by the media and didn't really help himself either.

Italy will be another disaster he's much too 'black' for their liking. MLS would be a great move for him.

Wait a minute !!
Mario being shown the door by the dippers - scum apparently going to make a "surprise striker signing",it's all falling into place!
The thought of that mad Dutch bastard and that mad Italian lunatic in the same dressing room......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.