Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they can't score goals it would seem. A fit Sturridge might help there, but I am wondering if they can accommodate a second striker next to Benteke without loosing the compactness in the middle (which was at times pretty impressive yesterday IMHO). What does the tactical experts think? Room for Sturridge if he ever returns to full fitness?

So they can't score goals it would seem. A fit Sturridge might help there, but I am wondering if they can accommodate a second striker next to Benteke without loosing the compactness in the middle (which was at times pretty impressive yesterday IMHO). What does the tactical experts think? Room for Sturridge if he ever returns to full fitness?
I could see a diamond formation being used if sturridge comes back that could keep that compactness,with him upfront with benteke,but not sure who would play the holding role as Liverpool need Henderson Milner Coutinho and Firmino on the pitch and none of those 4 can do the job.

Or a 433 and front 3 of Firmino Benteke Sturridge,always a good sign for a club when the manager has alot of options and headaches choosing how to find a team/formation.

I could see a diamond formation being used if sturridge comes back that could keep that compactness,with him upfront with benteke,but not sure who would play the holding role as Liverpool need Henderson Milner Coutinho and Firmino on the pitch and none of those 4 can do the job.

Or a 433 and front 3 of Firmino Benteke Sturridge,always a good sign for a club when the manager has alot of options and headaches choosing how to find a team/formation.

You had your best performance of the season with Lucas in the team last night and you don't know who should play the Holding role?

Sorry but 'fit' and 'sturridge' shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Why is Ibe always being talked up everywhere? I have never seen him playing especially well, certainly he never looked remotely as good as Sterling.

Because they've sold Sterling and therefore they have to belittle him at every opportunity and 'big up' their new home-grown superstar.

Because they've sold Sterling and therefore they have to belittle him at every opportunity and 'big up' their new home-grown superstar.
Maybe it's because he's good at dominating space. Nobody knows what this means, but he must be fucking class at it.

Liverpool were excellent in the first half last night, and they still managed to hold their own in the second half under a lot of pressure. They played very well.
When they up their game for big matches, they can be tough to beat and we'll have to be on top of our game to beat them.
A draw was probably the best all round result for us.
Letting Lucas leave is bizarre to me. IMO he should be in their starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.