Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Klopp oh Klopp
You picked the wrong club
You'll always lose alone
You'll always lose alone

I saw the Mourners' fan, who, in the summer, claimed that Raheem would spend the season on the bench.

"Sterling has already done more at City than he did at Liverpool," I told him.

So he came out with the classic, "City have no history!"

"We won the FA Cup before Liverpool, we won the League Cup before Liverpool and we won a European trophy before Liverpool," I replied.

The look of surprise on his face was a sight to behold and he wanted to find another of our colleagues who really knows his football.

I suggested he look it up.

It has become a very tiresome response this from dippers fans (and rags). Even if that were true, why is that at all relevant? The best players these days couldn't give a shit about history - they give a shit about odds of winning stuff and being paid tens of thousands of pounds a week trying to win that stuff.

It has become a very tiresome response this from dippers fans (and rags). Even if that were true, why is that at all relevant? The best players these days couldn't give a shit about history - they give a shit about odds of winning stuff and being paid tens of thousands of pounds a week trying to win that stuff.
It also shows a complete lack of knowledge about the wider game. I'm sure if Preston or Huddersfield started reemerging as a force they'd level the same accusations against them as a club.

It also shows a complete lack of knowledge about the wider game. I'm sure if Preston or Huddersfield started reemerging as a force they'd level the same accusations against them as a club.

Absolutely spot on. The unwarranted arrogance of Dipper FC and its fans very much reminds me of Noel Edmonds - still prancing about, demanding to be worshipped and respected because they were quite successful back in the 80s.

Absolutely spot on. The unwarranted arrogance of Dipper FC and its fans very much reminds me of Noel Edmonds - still prancing about, demanding to be worshipped and respected because they were quite successful back in the 80s.
Their history, as has been said before, is an interesting one. Everton were the original occupants of Anfield and a man called John Houlding was the chairman. He was a wealthy brewer, who owned the Sandon pub as well.

He fell out with the rest of the board over something and arranged for his mate, who owned a piece of land which provided access to the ground, to hike the rent on the land to the point where Everton couldn't afford it. The dispute might have been related to trying to get the club to buy some land he and his friend owned. Anyway, Everton called his bluff and left Anfield, leaving him with a stadium but no team. So he went out and bought one, buying mainly Scottish players, which he wanted to name Everton Athletic. The FA turned that doen so he called them Liverpool instead.

So when Liverpool fans talk about history and buying success, just remind them how their own club came into existence.

Their history, as has been said before, is an interesting one. Everton were the original occupants of Anfield and a man called John Houlding was the chairman. He was a wealthy brewer, who owned the Sandon pub as well.

He fell out with the rest of the board over something and arranged for his mate, who owned a piece of land which provided access to the ground, to hike the rent on the land to the point where Everton couldn't afford it. The dispute might have been related to trying to get the club to buy some land he and his friend owned. Anyway, Everton called his bluff and left Anfield, leaving him with a stadium but no team. So he went out and bought one, buying mainly Scottish players, which he wanted to name Everton Athletic. The FA turned that doen so he called them Liverpool instead.

So when Liverpool fans talk about history and buying success, just remind them how their own club came into existence.
Football history can assume such malleable qualities when it suits. It starts and finishes at a time to suit supporters' own agendas. Had a robust discussion with a united fan about 'history' and 'sugar daddies' and when I mentioned Davies and Gibson, he dismissed their relevance because it was "ages ago". Some people have absolutely no self-awareness. You've got to laugh, really.

Football history can assume such malleable qualities when it suits. It starts and finishes at a time to suit supporters' own agendas. Had a robust discussion with a united fan about 'history' and 'sugar daddies' and when I mentioned Davies and Gibson, he dismissed their relevance because it was "ages ago". Some people have absolutely no self-awareness. You've got to laugh, really.
Yet had it not been for Gibson, there would have been no United today. They were bankrupt and on the verge of folding, with Manchester Central ready to take their place. Gibson saved them, paid off their debts, brought in Busby, rebuilt Old Trafford, etc.

I wonder when the ADUG takeover will cease to be relevant to our history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.