Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the hype about Klopp has gone very quiet.

I don't see any difference between Rodgers' team and Klopp's? Liverpool are certainly no better under Klopp. The high pressing that everybody raved about is nowhere to be seen.

I expected more from Klopp in his first 3/4 months. Not 1 signing in January was strange, his treatment of their best available striker (Benteke) is poor and Liverpool aren't playing Klopp's style at all.

They haven't got enough quality in their side for Klopp to do much. I imagine they'll be better next year when he's brought a few players in.

They haven't got enough quality in their side for Klopp to do much. I imagine they'll be better next year when he's brought a few players in.
Do you seriously think that the FSG will give him what he wants to buy players? They appear to have the same business "ethics" as that club just outside Manchester, ie, spend just enough to try and get Champions League football (for the cash), but little else. It seems to be a recurring theme with American owners. In that Telegraph article, they even called the club a "franchise".

Do you seriously think that the FSG will give him what he wants to buy players? They appear to have the same business "ethics" as that club just outside Manchester, ie, spend just enough to try and get Champions League football (for the cash), but little else. It seems to be a recurring theme with American owners. In that Telegraph article, they even called the club a "franchise".

I think they'll give him as much as they can afford in an effort to establish themselves in the top 4.

I think they'll give him as much as they can afford in an effort to establish themselves in the top 4.

With them doing up Anfield and the rest of the PL having increased funds, I think they will struggle to get the requisite funds to get the players to lift them into the top 4. The best they could hope for is maybe no European football next year, then they can have a clear run like they did in 2014 but I think they would still need to uncover another Suarez type talisman, and that isnt going to be easy. They are what they are a mid table team for the foreseeable IMO. Klopp is a good manager, not a magician.

With them doing up Anfield and the rest of the PL having increased funds, I think they will struggle to get the requisite funds to get the players to lift them into the top 4. The best they could hope for is maybe no European football next year, then they can have a clear run like they did in 2014 but I think they would still need to uncover another Suarez type talisman, and that isnt going to be easy. They are what they are a mid table team for the foreseeable IMO. Klopp is a good manager, not a magician.

I hope you're right mate I really do.

I hope you're right mate I really do.

We showed how much was needed to go from mid table to top 4 and look how much the rags have spent to get back in, I dont think Liverpool have that level of investment in them. I cant see FSG spending above and beyond the rest of the top 6 teams to ensure it. We did it and with Pep coming in will strengthen again, the rags did it to get up from 7th with more to come and Chelsea will probably do something similar this summer. Spurs have a young team that will improve, thats without taking into consideration their additions and Arsenal have a squad that is far superior in terms of talent than Liverpool. No offence to Leicester but I cant see them being around the top 6 next season, especially if they have European football to contend with but I would fancy West Ham (moving into their new stadium) and Everton (under achieving squad) to improve. Liverpool have to get over both of those to start with (and possible another team doing what Leicester are currently doing) and then they'd still have 5 clubs with better squads that will improve or at least be as good as this season.

They had their chance in the summer of 2014 but they sold Suarez and then wasted a lot of money on bang average footballers, they have spent more time out of the top 4 than in it over the last 5 years and it shows, the longer they are without top 4 the further it will get from them. Like I said, if they have no European football, a lot of luck with injuries and can get on a roll, there is a chance they could 'do a Leicester' however they would most probably end up in a similar situation the season after as they found themselves in 2014-15, when they didnt have the squad and the CL football hindered them a lot in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.