Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm of the belief that any fan of any club who has put in the time, money, and effort into following their club is equally deserving of seeing success regardless of arguments about the morality of their club's owners or whatnot.

Not only that, the irony is astonishing when you consider that it was the fans of that his own club that were directly responsible for English clubs getting banned from European football for 5 years.

Let's see the **** walk into a pub full of City fans and say that our fans don't deserve CL football, and let's see how long he'd fucking last.

Another poster left a link to a forum on Redit, where a number of supposed blues are telling the Scousers how they no longer feel part of the club and how ungrateful we are for refusing to wait until the team sauntered out after the last home game. I doubt I would ever do a Scouse or rag style Stadium evacuation if we lost a European final, their team vastly overachieved on the run to the final and it was pathetic that they didn't stay to applaud their efforts.[/QUOTE]

Chances are they're not blues but whether they are or not, I'm a little baffled about the amount of publicity this supposed "walk out" on Pellegrini has received. Some of the outrage amongst opposition fans has been hilariously over the top - one poster on Arsenal Mania called us all scum to a man and laughably implied there's more togetherness amongst Gooners despite the fact that they've been literally scrapping over Wenger this season. While there have been calls for Pellegrini to go on this and other forums, the vocal support he has received at matches themselves has always been overwhelmingly positive and we were singing his name loud and proud throughout that Arsenal game. It's my belief that many fans didn't even know there was anything special lined up afterwards - I personally don't recall any announcements by the club in the days leading up to the match yet last season it was well publicised that Lampard was going to get a send off and the vast majority of fans stayed behind. Of course, it was the last home game of the season so perhaps the fans should've expected the players to do a lap of honour but when you've just surrendered the initiative to your cross city rivals in the battle for a top 4 spot I doubt many fans would've had that at the forefront of their minds.

It's hardly a unique phenomenon - when Liverpool played us at Anfield in the penultimate game of the 2002-03 season, they were trying to nail down a CL place but typical City - with nothing to play for - won the match in the last minute through a cracking goal from Anelka and their fans piled for the exits with only a small number of them staying behind for the lap of honour ahead of their crucial match at Chelsea the following week. In fact, GDM was there in their main stand and heard a couple of Liverpool fans refer to it as a "lap of dishonour"!

Do supporters at any club stay behind in vast numbers at the final game unless there is something particular to acknowledge and/or celebrate? It certainly didn't appear that way at Swansea on Sunday. I expected to see mainly City fans leaving and a really quiet getaway from the car park but it looked like every Swansea fan in the stadium had decided to give their lap of honour a swerve.

kin hell just seen the Liverpool echo has a bloke that has all 96 Hillsborough victims tattood on his back.wtf would anyone go to that length for,they are fucking weird

Fucking amazing fans.

They do something wrong it's fuck all to do with them.

When they lose they can always find someone to blame (Moreno)

kin hell just seen the Liverpool echo has a bloke that has all 96 Hillsborough victims tattood on his back.wtf would anyone go to that length for,they are fucking weird
Wouldn't like to be the name just above the arse crack...is that a fitting tribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.