Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it before so won't labour the point, but Benteke is a good player, he's just a player that isn't suited to Liverpool's playing style.

I do find it fairly amusing that, as with the profits for the Torres sale, and the Suarez one too, the profits from selling Sterling look likely to have been squandered on the wrong player. In fact what Liverpool have actually done is swap Sterling for Benteke, which is a pretty poor piece of transfer business if you ask me.

Sterling was sold for £49m, however £5m of that is "add ons", which will relate to appearances, performances, and success. So, with any look, they'll get the full £5m (as that means Sterling, and by association City, have succeeded), however they've not got a penny of those add ons yet. So that's £44m in cash they received. 20% of that needs to go to QPR as they had a sell on clause (interestingly that makes Raheem Sterling QPR's most expensive sale, despite it happening 5 years after he actually left the club!). That means £8.8m has been handed to QPR. £44m - £8.8m = £35.2m. Benteke's release clause is £32.5m, so £35.2m = £32.5m = £2.7m. So Liverpool have £2.7m left. However, if you then factor in Benteke's signing on bonus, and his agent's fees, then you can likely discount another couple of million as well. So, aside from maybe a few hundred thousand pounds, Liverpool's Sterling money is now in the hands of QPR, Aston Villa, Christian Benteke, and Christian Benteke's agent!
Sterling would also have had a loyalty bonus out of that £44M as he didn't hand in a transfer request. On the dipper forums, they're guessing it may be as much as 10% of the fee.

Sterling would also have had a loyalty bonus out of that £44M as he didn't hand in a transfer request. On the dipper forums, they're guessing it may be as much as 10% of the fee.

Ouch!

If true then that's somewhere between £4.4m and £4.9m he'll have received. That would actually mean Liverpool have sold Sterling, bought Benteke, and spent £4m or so of their own money, an even worse deal!

Said it before so won't labour the point, but Benteke is a good player, he's just a player that isn't suited to Liverpool's playing style.

I do find it fairly amusing that, as with the profits for the Torres sale, and the Suarez one too, the profits from selling Sterling look likely to have been squandered on the wrong player. In fact what Liverpool have actually done is swap Sterling for Benteke, which is a pretty poor piece of transfer business if you ask me.

Sterling was sold for £49m, however £5m of that is "add ons", which will relate to appearances, performances, and success. So, with any look, they'll get the full £5m (as that means Sterling, and by association City, have succeeded), however they've not got a penny of those add ons yet. So that's £44m in cash they received. 20% of that needs to go to QPR as they had a sell on clause (interestingly that makes Raheem Sterling QPR's most expensive sale, despite it happening 5 years after he actually left the club!). That means £8.8m has been handed to QPR. £44m - £8.8m = £35.2m. Benteke's release clause is £32.5m, so £35.2m = £32.5m = £2.7m. So Liverpool have £2.7m left. However, if you then factor in Benteke's signing on bonus, and his agent's fees, then you can likely discount another couple of million as well. So, aside from maybe a few hundred thousand pounds, Liverpool's Sterling money is now in the hands of QPR, Aston Villa, Christian Benteke, and Christian Benteke's agent!
Villa then take that money and spend it on various fringe Spurs players. Spurs use that money to add to their own stash and buy some decent players. Spurs then finish above Liverpool. Hahaha!

Yep just been reading his stats totally unsuited to Liverpool but would be brilliant in a team that just likes to cross it in .
Yep, HOOF the ball up to bog brush, nod it down to Benteke and bang, then it's vice versa, sooner or later one of them will find the net

Potentially excellent player but also potentially very frustrating.
When we played Villa at home Benteke was one of the better players on the pitch and a massive handful yet how many times did we get him off side. After a couple of times I thought he will crack on to this and get a really good break going at some point but no, he just kept getting caught off side all match without ever changing his approach.

Benteke is like Edin for me. Lump balls in to the box all day and he will score a bucket load but its not how Liverpool have played and I don't see him as being technically gifted enough to be playing in tight little triangles with one touch passing and rapid movement off the ball.

If they use him right it will be a good signing but it will mean a complete change of play for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.