Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Very disappointing considering we knew what to expect. The managers and players should not have been surprised about anything Liverpool threw at us.

The minute I saw KDB quoted in the paper saying player of the year was betwee him and Salah and this tie would show who deserved it I thought that was not a good thinking process.

He will need the game of his life on Tuesday then as he had one of his worst tonight - though far from alone.

Normally we would bounce back with a vengeance but I worry he will chase this tie and ignore Saturday.

We should not. Our best chance on Tuesday is to prove we are winners Saturday and take that feeling into Tuesday.

Mess up Saturday and we will probably go out Tuesday anyway barring an amazing turnaround.

Then we are going to Wembley under pressure and probably still needing another 6 points.

This has to change his thinking for Saturday. Full strength there essential now.

All of us taking the piss out of the “great european anfield atmosphere” & “coach greeting” etc......lets be honest, it worked. 3-0 defeat with 0 shots on target! Absolutely no chance we’ll keep a clean sheet at home either! F*cking fuming

Jesus is incapable of leading the line. Kun has strength in abundance. Like a boy against men. However the selection of gundog was the craziest decision Ive seen in years. Italy's the place for him or New York where they play at half pace. Fuck sake bar the front three they're an average side. we'll need to shit goals on tuesday. lets hope they players are as furious as the fans are at that.
Gundogan has not been at it since his last injury, daft selection by Pep.

Not the game to change a winning formula.

Laporte's not a LB zinchenko could have done better. Gundogan is still not up to speed this was not the game for him.

Wrong lineup from Pep but hindsight and all. At least by the 30th min he could have changed Gundogan and we would have more hope. Sterling had more of the ball in the second half and was making the right spaces.

Sterling did ok. Sané, Silva, Fernandinho, Kompany, Gundogan and Jesus were awful. KDB was very sloppy, but kept at it. Why didn’t Sané go past the full back? Every time he came inside and squared it. The young full back was their weak link, but was never troubled. Awful, awful performance.

Never been this disappointed with city since I watched a 0-0 draw under the Pearce era. Having been incessantly watching city thinking pep and the team was something special and then to see that was a true eye opener.

To start gundogan on the right wing is criminal, our whole system works on width and I personally have said I would not start sterling in this fixture! We have Bernardo silva who would of kept possession and potentially scored a goal or made something happen. Truly pissed off with pep.

I have never seen kompany on the right and otamendi on the left, I have never seen de bruyne on the left and silva on the right as our two number 8’s. I don’t understand why start Laporte at left back for one game then start him in the most important game of the season. I just generally don’t understand. Gabriel is not the next Ronaldo, I have been persistent, to the discredit of my pals etc, that Jesus should be 1st choice! Maybe less so in recent months due to agueros form but I thought I was right.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the line up and for all those who revelled in this season being special like I did, I’m gobsmacked.

Without going on to much, having 90+million in right wingers then playing gundogan is ridiculous and my thoughts on the manager will forever be tainted with it.

Piss take.

Our only chance is what happens at UEFA as a result of the coach welcome. The pictures i have seen are seriously bad. A hail of bottles rocks amd heavy duty fireworks.

We would be banned from Europe for that!

The worst thing about that is we had Bernardo on the bench and he didn’t even come on!

Who would you have brought him on for? Its like for like. In games like this, it shows how we've very much put all our eggs in one basket in terms of style. Bernardo would have come on and done the same thing silva/kdb/sane etc etc did tonight. It's always been a problem for Peps teams at the absolute highest level. We accept it because when it goes well it's so so good. We don't have a Messi for these situations like Barca did and Bayern had the same issue too so the only solution is not to go 3-0 down after 30 minutes.

All Liverpool did second half was replicate what wigan and wolves did to us, 11 men behind the ball, always show wide and keep compact knowing we don't have the players and simply won't put crosses in a packed box, it's why the first half was so vital and we failed spectacularly. If Liverpool are smart, they'll repeat that second half performance and go through comfortably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.