Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Our only chance is what happens at UEFA as a result of the coach welcome. The pictures i have seen are seriously bad. A hail of bottles amd heavy duty fireworks.

We would be banned from Europe for that.

Missing the whole point.
They were by far the better team.
They deserved what they got. So did we
Salah’s offside goal given. Sane onside goal ruled out. Decisions like that are par for the course, as far as we’re concerned, at anfield I’m afraid. Whether entirely by coincidence or design I wouldn’t like to say

Similar to the league game for me, looked comfortable, they scored from some poor play from us and we lost our heads for 10-15 minutes!!
Tie isn’t over, hope we at least go for it at some stage on Tuesday and not go out with a whimper

Leroy is like Marmite. Anyone else think if he had a good game we score at a couple.
Even when he got change out of Arnold he either misplaced the pass or made the wrong decision.

I do, Sane picked the ball up in promising positions many times but I do feel like the team was so disjointed at times, he didn't even have an option in the box

We didn't control a single minute of that game. Zero shots on target.
Neither did they though and their goal was offside, so what do you do base it off when they hadn't produced a single chance apart from an offside goal? Possession and possession in the final third? Yes!

At 2-0 it was different story as we went into our shells right up until the half time whistle, before that we were the better team. They still ended up outplaying us in that second half though so it doesn't make the poor performance any easier to take.

I didn’t really expect us is win at anfield but come on ONE AWAY GOAL would’ve at least kept the tie open. It’s a massive ask now. I guess we might go into the next leg having won the league and with a sense of having nothing to lose. Could release the shackles a bit

Ferdinand putting the boot in big time on BT - apparently we are crap - just fooled everyone all season. He’s an utter **** that fraud.

Listen lads all we had to do tonight was keep control of the ball and just sit for at least 30 mins then start to attack them. Frustrate them for half an hour and they then start to get doubts

Yep. Just needed to stay in the game, let them close us down but pass them to death. Playing such a high line and committing so many men forward for that first goal was crazy. Liverpool were destroyed in that second half, if we were still in the game at 0-0 or 1-0 to them we'd have taken advantage. Instead they could just sit in and defend and ave energy. We make the same mistake over and over again at Liverpool.

The attacking performance of the second half was effectively the last season of MP: side side side, run down a cul-de-sac, pull the ball back, side, side side repeat repeat repeat. Shit.

Milner Oxhead chamber pot and Henderson dominated our midfield in the 1st half...let that sink in for a bit.

That's not quite it though. Firminho frequently dropped back to midfield to give the extra man and still had enough to join in attacks. Their full backs were more effective going forward so we were completely outnumbered in midfield. Add to that our defences return to Keystone Cops defending. Get an early goal next week and we have a good chance of getting 3.

How can you not blame individual players when individual players cost us the game?
because every player was awful compared to their normal standard? There's no way you can blame 1 player. Try naming 1 or 2 players that someone couldn't criticize this game

I fucking hate those scouse utter cünts!!

Pep's dogmatism is his own undoing. Why not try a bus parking when required?
Liver****s are not that great, come on, mediocrities like Chamberlain, Milner et al. cannot give us another hiding.

Keep the faith blues, we'll come back

Our only chance is what happens at UEFA as a result of the coach welcome. The pictures i have seen are seriously bad. A hail of bottles ro ks amd heavy duty fireworks.

We would be banned from Europe for that

Got what we deserved. Poor decisions have cost us tonight. Decisions from pep, decisions from the officials and decisions from the players on the pitch. Liverpool were hungrier, were better set up and played with so much more purpose. An away goal would have given us hope but not to be.

Well summed up Davy - would agree entirely

Utterly embarrassed by the way we were destroyed by Candlepool.
Salah offside for first, where is VAR???
We got what we deserved FCUK ALL!
The dipper media wankfest is the hardest bit to take.
UEFA need to take action against the club for their assault on the players bus. Totally unacceptable.
Pep self destruct yet again v Klipperty.
How can those bias cnuts not see the Salah offside ,but say it’s ‘just’ it’s offside or onside

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.