Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

But we did. we were always going to let in shit goals against this lot. Gundogan offered zero out there offensively and defensively. He couldnt or wouldnt track Robertson, I think the second goal we were overloaded down the right and Gundo was jogging back. Bernardo would have aided us in ball retention no doubt.
I'm not laying the blame on Gundogan, he has a place in the team but it isnt right mid/wing and it isnt at Anfield.

I don't think Gundogan is good enough, however I had absolutely no complaints until Sane, Walker & Otamendi decided to hand Liverpool a goal on a fucking plate.

We were looking absolutely excellent & Macmanaman was already starting to get depressed about the football lesson we were about to hand them.

Tactics are irrelevant when individuals play as shitely as that.

We would be nowhere near he top of the league, if we routinely defended like that. It was Leicester, Celtic, Monaco, from last season.

at least Sterling wanted to hurt Pool this time and he did getting Henderson banned,Klopp really didnt like that either, also should of had a pen for 3-1 ,the tie will depend on City scoring in the first half hour then lets see if pool start rocking,like City did after Liverpools opener,but the officials wont be there to help thats clear,the offsides were worse than garbage

Just home. Shambles of a performance. Can not believe Dinho, Silva and Vinny are capable of playing so badly

Got to play full strength on Saturday now. Win the league to give us a feel good factor back, then play full strength again on Tuesday and see where it takes us

Won’t be happy if we sack off the derby on the basis of a very long shot in pulling back a 3-0 deficit

I got called a wum when before he draw I said this was our worst tie. Deluded biased blues only classed how many points difference in the league As a reason to be ok. We never win here, we get it wrong tactically and our players shit themselves there. It’s the norm deal with it and I’ll accept any apologies forthcoming

A fan who'd rather be right about predicting a loss than win. "I told you we'd get tonked"; true spirit of football that.

That’s why I said I wouldn’t swap him, he’s been to Anfield 3 times and conceded 7 goals in 2 games
He says he knows the way we play is perfect for Liverpool but changes nothing.
To win CL you will have to beat most times 3 top top sides, better sides than Liverpool who have found it very easy to beat us
My doubts are with him being able to win CL with this system he won’t change from
I hope he’s here for 10 more years as I’m willing to take the enjoyment we get most games over the odd disappointment

He did change the way we play, wrongly imo, but we fucked it up, we didn't play our usual 433.

I'm amazed not once Sane swapped wings.

He can never play a game worst than tonight. If he didn't straight run into Arnold, it was a mis-control or retreating backwards. Love the lad but that was a disaster.

Ok are we capeable of banging 4 in against these pricks next week.
Yes we are. At home we are outstanding.
All hope isn't lost even though we were piss poor tonight.
We don't roll over.
We just don't and we know that anything can happen ,yes we will have to be on it but we know that we can be.
Let's get the title wrapped up on Saturday against those muppets and move on.
Keep the faith lads.

I don't think Gundogan is good enough, however I had absolutely no complaints until Sane, Walker & Otamendi decided to hand Liverpool a goal on a fucking plate.

We were looking absolutely excellent & Macmanaman was already starting to get depressed about the football lesson we were about to hand them.

Tactics are irrelevant when individuals play as shitely as that.

We would be nowhere near he top of the league, if we routinely defended like that. It was Leicester, Celtic, Monaco, from last season.
Spot on this pal. That first goal offside or not is a gimme. Walker was especially poor all night but he made two key mistakes in that goal at a time we were starting to play well.

Just home. Shambles of a performance. Can not believe Dinho, Silva and Vinny are capable of playing so badly

Got to play full strength on Saturday now. Win the league to give us a feel good factor back, then play full strength again on Tuesday and see where it takes us

Won’t be happy if we sack off the derby on the basis of a very long shot in pulling back a 3-0 deficit

Totally agree about team selection next 2 games mate.

Ratings via CityWatch

Ederson – 5

Conceded three but wasn’t really at fault for any of the goals. Looked rattled at times, like everyone else.
He was at fault for the first and third. De Gea would have held the first and got to the third.

Kyle Walker – 2
The worst Walker performance I’ve ever seen by a long shot and the worst by a City full-back in years. Could’ve done better for all three of the goals, was regularly beaten by Mané and offered nothing to the attack.
Couldn't have put it better. Just awful. Made me almost tearful for PabZab.

Fernandinho – 6 (Man of the Match)
Hard to give anyone higher than this, but Fernandinho was our best player in the second half. He played some good passes and kept things tight after the break but it wasn’t enough.
Can't agree. He was the opposite of a midfield general. We totally lost the game in midfield in the first half; second to everything and out-muscled. That's his job. He looked better in the second half because Liverpool sat back, not because he took control. One of his worst performances in a City shirt.

Ilkay Gundogan – 3
Ilkay did nothing at all in the game. Never looking like breaking into a sprint, he did his best impression of 2018 Yaya Touré before rightly being hooked off.
Just terrible. I'm not sure when I last saw him put in a decent performance. To me he's just not up to it and certainly out of place in this City side.

Leroy Sané – 3
Promising at times, abysmal at others. The only thing Sané was consistent with tonight was his terrible deliveries, which regularly failed to find a single City player. He wasted a golden chance early on.
Again, I disagree. He was poor in the first half (who wasn't?) losing his head and rushing everything, but in the second he was our only real attacking threat. Very unlucky to have his assist ruled out. Not offside unless clearly so, and he wasn't. I thought he was our MotM.

Gabriel Jesus – 4
I can’t be too angry with Jesus tonight because he showed some fight and could’ve had some more chances if not for atrocious service. I don’t feel Aguero could’ve done much better given the awful performances around him.
A great striker doesn't just wait for service, he makes his own chances too. Jesus did nothing to make a single chance. He had a great opportunity to show that he could be Kun's replacement in Pep's long-term planning. On tonight's form he's not up to it. Let's see if he can change our mind's on Saturday.

Subs:

Raheem Sterling – 4
Raheem barely touched the ball after coming on, and although I feel he should’ve started, we didn’t really benefit from his introduction.
Clearly he should have started ahead of Gundogan. Along with Sane he was the only player not to let us down tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.