Liverpool V City post match discussion.

Sparkys-Army said:
stan bowles said:
EaglesFan said:
Fucking clueless that.

Introducing Dzeko changed the game quite a bit for us. He forced that Skrtel error ultimately helping us get a point.

As far as two missed shots, guess what - so did Balo, and how about Tevez "volley" at the end...that doesnt mean SHIT.

Good work from Dzeko IMO.

Dzeko good link up play, good closing down on Skertel for the equalizer but poor finishing. Made a difference for sure.
Why are people jumping against me is what i don't understand. I just indicated his finishing hasn't been the best but nothing about his general game. Infact, he made alot better contribution than balotelli did.

I was agreeing with you !

Re: Why do they shout for EVERYTHING at Anfield?

Was the same watching Stoke earlier - total delight booing and shouting against the opposition, not sure how this encourages their own players.

SebastianBlue said:
LoveCity said:
Would have been another 3-2 if Edin didn't need so many chances to score a goal, should have buried that.

I love the lad and defend him quite often on here but that last chance he had should have been a goal. Had it been Van Persie (I know, but just making a point), that would have been the winner.

You'll get slated now for saying he couldn't finish the chance.

bluevengence said:
Cheadle Blue said:
just shows how far we have come, when the liverpool fans have to behave like underdogs in an FA cup match. horrible shite

True.....and the scouse wankfest commentry was doing me head in as well

This was doing my head in too... at 2-2 and us attacking one of them said something along the lines of it'd be unfortunate for Liverpool if we'd have scored. Pissing joke! Granted two Liverpool mistakes let us get the draw, but the same could be argued for our poor defending on the first goal and ref giving them a free kick for the second.

Andouble said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Andouble said:
It was a good point, not a great performance. Probably fair in the end. Reina is up with Valdes as the most overrated keeper in the world.

Was impressed with Joe Allen for them, they've got some good CM's with him, Gerrard, Sahin, and Lucas. Probably the best collection of CM's in the league, even if they're all somewhat kind of similar. Borini was shite. Suarez is a ****.

Zabaleta, De Jong, Tevez our best 3. Kolarov and Balotelli woeful. Milner not nearly as good in the RWB position as he was against Chelsea. I'm happy enough with the point.

milner just covering yards for 90 minutes doesn't really cut it anymore for me. he gives 100%, no doubt, but playing him away at anfield on the wing where we need an outlet, isn't going to work.

Whats happened to his crossing? he seems to really hesitate now, rather than whipping the ball in

Can't answer that mate, but maybe some of it has to do with who is (or isn't in the box). I think it was Milner (might've been Nasri) very early in the game where he got a great ball out wide to the right, was about to play it in, but no one was even in the box. Mario was trotting off somewhere, Tevez was deep or out towards the left.

you might be right, would be interesting to see him play with Dzeko

Excellent result considering the performance, Kolarov was not at his best, Nasri pretty non existant. Special mention to Zaba, Tevez and Yaya, they all played fantastically well. Kolo, although slaughtered on here and twitter in my opinion played fairly well, I can remember 2/3 good blocks in dangerous areas and showed good pace against sterling who I thought had a good game.

Showed the need for playing Yaya further forward as he isn't as effective playing in his own half and I don't understand why we didn't do it sooner. Rodwell came on and looked good again, gave yaya more license to roam as he had JR and DJ covering him moreso than Nasri does.

A point at Anfield and not playing 100% is a good result, especially as we were behind.

stan bowles said:
Sparkys-Army said:
stan bowles said:
Dzeko good link up play, good closing down on Skertel for the equalizer but poor finishing. Made a difference for sure.
Why are people jumping against me is what i don't understand. I just indicated his finishing hasn't been the best but nothing about his general game. Infact, he made alot better contribution than balotelli did.

I was agreeing with you !

Wasn't aiming to apply it at you mate, few people beforehand ;)

nellyonthewing said:
FantasyIreland said:
JBG said:
Completely wrong starting line-up IMO. Should have started with Lescott, Dzeko, and Clichy (though it's understandable why he didn't play). Silva played well for the 20 or so minutes he was on.

Tevez worked as hard as ever. Nasri should have stayed on because even though he was anonymous taking him off sapped us of all creativity. Dzeko seems in good form (though he should work on his finishing). Balotelli should have never gotten the start. Yaya is still our savior as usual.

EDIT: and never a foul by Rodwell.

Got to agree.
We can't be going to Anfield playing 5 or 6 of our second fiddle and expect to dominate or even do ourselves justice.

It certainly has highlighted that the squad is not strong enough and definitely lacks a spark.

Too many 'squad players' on today. Kolorov,Milner,De Jong,kolo,Balotelli..We can carry one or two but that was our weakest side.

Agree except for DeJong who played well imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.