Liverpool V City post match discussion.

lancs blue said:
de niro said:
hughes still 3 years on gets stick for his bad buys but kolorov and savic are very poor buys, not a peep of critism to bob.

Hughes didn't win us an FA Cup and League Title, for that Mancini is entitled to a bit of slack.

absolutly, i was just making the point that bob has bought some right dross.
just like hughes.

de niro said:
lancs blue said:
de niro said:
hughes still 3 years on gets stick for his bad buys but kolorov and savic are very poor buys, not a peep of critism to bob.

Hughes didn't win us an FA Cup and League Title, for that Mancini is entitled to a bit of slack.

absolutly, i was just making the point that bob has bought some right dross.
just like hughes.
Not as expensively, though. We're still having problems getting shut of them. If Mancini wanted--and this is regardless of how any of us feel as we don't matter frankly--Kolarov, Savic, et al. could be sold in a week.

A few people need to give their heads a wobble. For anyone who cares to remember Liverpool turned us over last year and they were much improved yesterday. We are nowhere near the level we reached last year and we will improve. Teams want to beat us badly and so far we have although we are not playing well we are showing teams that we won't roll over. Have no fear,there are 36 games to go.

Eds said:
A few people need to give their heads a wobble. For anyone who cares to remember Liverpool turned us over last year and they were much improved yesterday. We are nowhere near the level we reached last year and we will improve. Teams want to beat us badly and so far we have although we are not playing well we are showing teams that we won't roll over. Have no fear,there are 36 games to go.

they didn't turn us over. what they did get was a bent ref a dodgy pen or an own goal to help them. we had 10 men to bbot.

A draw is a decent result. We drew there last year and won the title. Do we really think both United and Chelsea will go there and win? Later in the season Liverpool will be stronger and could even beat one of those two.

We just need to try and improve on last season and there are a few games where improvement is expected. As long as we don't start losing where we won last year we can get over 90 points.

Stoke, Everton, Swansea, Sunderland, West Brom away from home last year we took two points from those five games. We can and will improve on that. 8 points isn't an unrealistic expectation.

Arsenal, Chelsea away we got nothing. I think we can look to get at least an extra point on last season there.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we managed to match our home record of last year but away from home there's plenty of room for improvement.

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012/13

we were the better side but again failed to convert the chances and only drew , however i have so many positives to look at

Our midfield was brilliant , add lucas and sahin to it and it becomes even better , we will create a lot of chances however we desperately need a 20 goals striker to finish them , if we get a striker , i will fancy our chances to finish 4th , defense was decent barring those 2 blunders when you scored

i really enjoyed the match to be honest

you really missed aguero in my opinion , there were very few chances created , city also need a top class defender as i think you are too thin there for a side of your aspirations

I thought City weren't ggod enough with this new formation. Milner and Kolarov rarely tracked back, allowing Johnson to dominate. Liverpool also got Suarez into the game, thanks to City's tactic losing one of the two DMCs that normally sit in front of the back four. He received the ball in those holes between defence and midfield too often. The City subs were good though, and Toure looked better in an advanced role, whilst the switch back to 4-2-2-2 at least gave City some width in the final third. You can read my full in-depth tactical analysis of the game here, actually: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thechalkboard.org.uk/#!liverpoolmancity/c1p1u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thechalkboard.org.uk/#!liver ... city/c1p1u</a>

44% said:
we were the better side but again failed to convert the chances and only drew , however i have so many positives to look at

Our midfield was brilliant , add lucas and sahin to it and it becomes even better , we will create a lot of chances however we desperately need a 20 goals striker to finish them , if we get a striker , i will fancy our chances to finish 4th , defense was decent barring those 2 blunders when you scored

i really enjoyed the match to be honest
I thought you guys played very well yesterday but then again you also played well against us last season with possibly much better performances than yesterday. Suarez is a very good player and sterling looks very bright. Lots to be positive about and if you are patient with Rodgers then you will soon become a very good footballing side.

I think i will wait and see whether we have really improved or is it our regular habit of playing well against top sides , our next few matches are all against very good sides so i think we will perform well there , i think we will be in a much better position to judge by january

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.