Liverpool V City post match discussion.

strongbowholic said:
Possibly a lone voice on this one (haven't read all 60+ pages) but I was happy with a point and would have been before the game. Did not fancy us one iota prior to the game. Against Southampton and again yesterday we look very complacent.

Biggest compaints in the game for me were:

1) harsh freekick against Rodwell - ball smacked his legs and bounced up onto his elbows, but it was given and we move on.
2) Aleks Kolarov - if that's the standard he has set for himself this season, then he shouldn't be putting the shirt on again. Woeful performance.

no not a lone voice

Kolarov shit in defence and constantly wasting promising forward positions

I must admit that Kolarov is one of Bobby's buys that has not worked. He is more suited to Serie A.

Just on AK, he has no pace, cant defend for toffee and his supposed "wand" of a left foot seems incapable of taking a corner and constantly over hits any ball into the box.

No, im not a fan of his.

de niro said:
hughes still 3 years on gets stick for his bad buys but kolorov and savic are very poor buys, not a peep of critism to bob.

Hughes didn't win us an FA Cup and League Title, for that Mancini is entitled to a bit of slack.

de niro said:
hughes still 3 years on gets stick for his bad buys but kolorov and savic are very poor buys, not a peep of critism to bob.
It's how much you pay for the bad buys that is the problem.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 am --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It is always a case of extremes these days, due to the very nature of the hyperbole that exists around the Premier League, especially early on, when everyone expects teams to hit the ground running.

There's a rush to panic because of rare precedents, set by Mourinho teams which raised the bar, ourselves, last season.

However, if last season taught us anything, and we should thank United for this, they are still the benchmark in terms of rolling with the punches, staying the course.

Yesterday, was a carbon copy of last season at Anfield. Decent passing or so for the opening 20 minutes and then the home side engaging us much higher up the field.

It's a measure of how far we have come, and how far Liverpool have dropped, they are talking in such glowing terms of Liverpool, their best efforts and all, and what I considered our most disjointed performance in a good while.

Factor in a 3-5-2 system change which can never really work without Clichy involved, still feeling the gears, optimum fitness, it was a get-out-of-jail-free result.

More encouraging for me, more than anything else, was how Silva and Dzeko impacted the game.

Dzeko stayed much more central, allowing Tevez to buzz around him, instead of running off down blind alleys.

And Silva, much more like it, keeping the ball until he was ready, instead of passing the buck, or attempting the killer pass every time.

Rodwell also looks like a player who is attempting to step up to the mark and showed great intelligence and awareness to cover the line from Carroll's late header.

Hopefully, Bobby will recognise that while 3-5-2 seems to be the increasing trend in international football, the pace in this league is not suited to it.
Best post in the entire forum. Thank you for this.

de niro said:

He isn't beyond criticism. There are question marks about his Champions League creditentials and Savic and Kolarov look like they will not work out. However he has won the Premier League and FA Cup and he did sign David Silva, Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero and is getting the best out of Vincent Kompany.

de niro said:
Now, now Durham! ;-)

On another note, I was also somewhat perplexed - and I feel I might get slagged off for this - why one of our defenders did not "welcome" young Sterling to the game by giving the kid a crack in the first 5/10 mins?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.