Liverpool v City - post match thread

People are ranting about Pellegrini but for me it's the players who worry me more. Tonight was so bad that I don't think he should be the focus of the anger as it's a side issue, he's going anyway. I have never seen our players so appallingly bad even the basics were beyond them. Nobody really disagreed with the team selection and most felt it was strong enough to win but from the first minute we were awful. I understand people saying about game management etc I wouldn't have taken Fernandinho off. Please believe me that this isn't a defence of Pellegrini just a genuine concern about the players, nobody can make players of the quality of Aguero, Silva etc play as badly as tonight.

The 1st goal encapsulated the whole night. Needless loss of the ball, a few simple unpressurised passes, Lallana trots forward whilst 4 City players trot even slower whilst expecting the defence to deal with it and a crap trickling shot beats Hart who was flat-footed and daydreaming.

Fucking woeful. Being outplayed is acceptable, being outworked is not.

Bobbins, concede a poor goal and capitulate. Same story all season.

Ironic that we had just got a foothold in the game. Shit keeping by Hart I might add.

Leaving only one midfielder left me dumbfounded.

Pellegrini has taken us backwards he is not tactically good at all. We have also bought poor players.

Hopefully Pep is picking the players not 'cheeky'

Can we simulate rest of season we are awful to watch.

Roll on summer.

Didnt expect anything. Got nothing.

Only plus was everyone else being shit, but hard to see us showing the character to put a run together.

It's too often we are done and dusted from the outset.

Even the lime green was missing today so what hope did we have (LOL).

Seriously though this squad has run its race and today it was there for all too see.

I doubt we can even limp to a top 6 finish unless we bring in a few youngsters and relieve MP of match day duties.

What is it now 3 draws and 8 defeats against the current top 8 and a manager who says that's not important and acceptable.

Were are not in free fall but poor planning under FFP and keeping MP for another season will likely cost us Champions League Football next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.