Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some City fans insisting it's realism, when in actual fact, they have been so conditioned to thinking about how supposedly good the opposition are, they convince themselves that they are actually better than they are.

City turn up, doesn't matter what Liverpool or Suarez do.

We are superior on every single level, and allied to our big match experience, it will see Liverpool go the same way as every other team that has come to the Etihad.

Seriously, some real perspective and appreciation of what our own team is capable of is needed.

Should we score in the opening ten minutes, I would expect another three or four.

This team of ours is on the way to being very very special indeed.

City 4 Liverpool 1

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Some City fans insisting it's realism, when in actual fact, they have been so conditioned to thinking about how supposedly good the opposition are, they convince themselves that they are actually better than they are.

We are superior on every single level, and allied to our big match experience, it will see Liverpool go the same way as every other team that has come to the Etihad.

Seriously, some real perspective and appreciation of what our own team is capable of is needed.

Should we score in the opening ten minutes, I would expect another three or four.

City 4 Liverpool 1

Great post..... I'd still take a scrappy 1-0 right now

tolmie's hairdoo said:

City 4 Liverpool 1

its not a foregone conlusion that we are going to win every game because we are superior as you say infact if we were superior we would be running away with the title and out of reach, there is still a lot of work to do with the team its not the finished article yet and we are certainly beatable make no mistake

ArtLife1989 said:
I think Liverpool will do what they did to Tottenham to Man city :)

which game did you play this on X-box or playstation ? Premier manager 2014 ? its not real you know.

ArtLife1989 said:
I think Liverpool will do what they did to Tottenham to Man city :)

I think you get from your trip to the Etihad what Newcastle 4-0, Hull 2-0, United 4-1, Wigan 5-0, Everton 3-1, Norwich 7-0, Spurs 6-0, Swansea 3-0, Arsenal 6-3.

a consolation goal or two if you`re lucky

marco said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

City 4 Liverpool 1

its not a foregone conlusion that we are going to win every game because we are superior as you say infact if we were superior we would be running away with the title and out of reach, there is still a lot of work to do with the team its not the finished article yet and we are certainly beatable make no mistake

We were never going to fly out the blocks and it all click into place, what we're seeing now, and what most expected around December was the consistency levels to go up a notch, I think we can all agree that this is the case (12 wins from 14 isn't it?)-

We are beatable, however at home I don't think one team will come close

The reason we've remained the bookies favourite from day dot is our squad is vastly superior to the others, it's now paying dividends, like our kid alludes to, the cautionary approach from certain fans is due to our history, this team however is very very special!!!

marco said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

City 4 Liverpool 1

Not at home we're not.

I'm sorry, have I stumbled into the City v Barca pre-match thread by mistake?

This is Liverpool we are talking about, a team which went to United in the cup just after we had served up their arses, and lost 1-0.

A team that went to Arsenal, and lost again.

Like ourselves, they have lost to dross, but we are talking their first proper big game of the season, without Gerrard and, more importantly, Sturridge.

I actually think Rodgers will go three at the back, as he did at Arsenal and United, something he also always does at Stamford Bridge.

If they come to make a statement, they will be destroyed.

With their Chelsea game in mind, I feel we will have to settle for three or four!

If Zab makes it back, my only doubts will dissipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.