Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NoahCity said:
Dr Jacoby said:
pudge said:
We drew 2-2 with them on both occasions last season

I stand corrected.

I was thinking of the game where Barry was sent off in somewhat dubious circumstances.
your thinking of the one in the title winning season, was first home game of 2012. Not quite sure they dominated it, but as I remember we were just more clinical than them. You can probably still find the extended highlights on OS and decide for yourself.

Didn't Spurs dominate possession too, and look what happened.

weve had plenty of opposition supporters on this forum , spouting how good their team is and why they will get a result , and their posts after the game about our 4th,5th,6th goals being offside , handball , undeserved , against the run of play etc etc., The only team that has come to the etihad and out played us , was the current european champions and probably the best tactician in europe , so i am at a loss how dipper fans believe Liverpools current team with brendan rodgers will get anything at the etihad , But you never know , weve had probably 10 more games than dippers this year in the carling cup and champs league , but thats what happens with successful teams , perhaps they cant remember that far back

samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Some City fans insisting it's realism, when in actual fact, they have been so conditioned to thinking about how supposedly good the opposition are, they convince themselves that they are actually better than they are.

City turn up, doesn't matter what Liverpool or Suarez do.

We are superior on every single level, and allied to our big match experience, it will see Liverpool go the same way as every other team that has come to the Etihad.

Seriously, some real perspective and appreciation of what our own team is capable of is needed.

Should we score in the opening ten minutes, I would expect another three or four.

This team of ours is on the way to being very very special indeed.

City 4 Liverpool 1

I don't agree ..If Clichy is allowed anywhere near the right back spot we will effectively be starting with 10 men......

Well said tolm..we have a fantastic set of players who are so in cinque with each other at home its verging on clairvoyancy!!!

gmckennasell said:
weve had plenty of opposition supporters on this forum , spouting how good their team is and why they will get a result , and their posts after the game about our 4th,5th,6th goals being offside , handball , undeserved , against the run of play etc etc., The only team that has come to the etihad and out played us , was the current european champions and probably the best tactician in europe , so i am at a loss how dipper fans believe Liverpools current team with brendan rodgers will get anything at the etihad , But you never know , weve had probably 10 more games than dippers this year in the carling cup and champs league , but thats what happens with successful teams , perhaps they cant remember that far back
Also (while not ''outplaying'' us), Hull City. I was over for that game and, having seen all our home games via various sources, I think they have given us our hardest game at home so far, followed by Swansea.

jimharri said:
gmckennasell said:
Also (while not ''outplaying'' us), Hull City. I was over for that game and, having seen all our home games via various sources, I think they have given us our hardest game at home so far, followed by Swansea.

agree regarding hull , on another day they could have got a point , but that was early in the season , with fernandinho,navas and negredo settled in , it a different team

Sorry but having blown away the opposition so far to get back into contention I am still waiting for that typical city to turn up again, it almost did yesterday at 2 -0 but I hope I am wrong and we play them off the park. If we are genuine contenders as we should be this game should have no fears.

_________________________Hart______________________

Milner______Kompany__________Demichelles________Kolarov

________________Yaya______Fernandinho______________

Jovetic________________Nasri___________Silva

_____________________Negredo____________

No chance Kolarov against Stirling, he's not quick enough. MP will play Clichy against Liverpool and Kolarov against Palace when he'll be able to get forward more and won't get caught out for pace.

_________________________Hart______________________

Milner______Kompany__________Demichelles________Kolarov

________________Yaya______Fernandinho______________

Jovetic________________Nasri___________Silva

_____________________Negredo____________

I would take a chance of Milner at right back with Navas in place of Jovetic. But I don't think MP thinks that way. I suspect it will be Clichy in place of Kolorov at left back and maybe Kolorov at right back, alternatively Boyata. I also believe he may rest Nasri and replace him with either Milner or Navas so that they can protect the right back which they did when Navas came on for Dzeko. The last thing I want to see is the same team starting against Liverpool that started at Fulham but MP is a stubborn sod and I can see that happening.

Rammyblues said:
Sorry but having blown away the opposition so far to get back into contention I am still waiting for that typical city to turn up again, it almost did yesterday at 2 -0 but I hope I am wrong and we play them off the park. If we are genuine contenders as we should be this game should have no fears.

If it was not for the fluke of an own goal it would have been 1-4 which would have changed perceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.