Liverpool v City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
zandvoort blue said:
FFS what is all this right back panic about.
We are the league`s form team. We are at home where we have won every league game. The pitch, unlike Craven Cottage, will be perfect. Clichy is a more than capable defender to fill in at right back if required.
Some people need to get a grip and get behind players like Clichy, instead of finding fault all the time.

Flapper's gonna flap fella...

I'm now actually looking forward to this one more than Christmas itself!!!

Should fear no-one but the goofy one is world class and can win games single handedly. Here's hoping he has a stinker.

Re: Liverpool v us

samharris said:
BlueSiam said:
UUBlue said:
On that second half showing, we have nothing to fear.

Yeah... if that was their real game! At 3-0 they clearly took their foot off the pedal.... probably the right thing to do at this time of the year.

when ur top of the table and 3-0 up and coasting you do not take your foot off the pedal..

go for the kill..Suarez was on for another hattrick,and with City coming up they would have wanted a boost going into our game..

Dippers didnt take their foot off the pedall, cardiff made two changes that made them the better side...

You do when you have fixtures against the two teams closest to you coming up in the space of three days. It has happened a few times this season - we absolutely demolish a side in the first half and then coast for the second. Conserve energy, keep legs fresh and don't over exert yourself.

Occasionally looked on the forum for a while so thought I'd finally join.

I think the upcoming game will be closely observed by all involved in the Premier League and for a very good reason - 1st vs 2nd ranked goal scorers in the league. If this game was being played at Anfield then I'd be quite confident due to the amount of goals you have conceded away compared to at home and because of our solid home form (putting aside the Southampton defeat, we have won every home game). However, our away form recently is very poor to say the least with miserable losses against Arsenal and Hull, draws against Everton (should have had the game wrapped up) and Newcastle (against 10 men for 50 minutes) and a win against Spurs.

This game could be won and lost in the centre of midfield, especially with Yaya Toure. People said we'd get battered in midfield against Spurs because of their power and strength but we were quick to close down, we had 2-3 men around every single one of their centre mids at all times and this ultimately paid off. Yaya is of course a different kettle of fish - more like a shark - but the same principle applies. If we use the same tactics against the likes of Yaya and Fernandinho then I think that would make this game a lot closer than some imagine. You have no reason to believe this game will be close due to your home form against teams of all calibres so far this season but I'm hoping Liverpool are starting to turn a corner away from home.

If you can stop the service from defence and midfield into Suarez then you will win. If our midfielders decide not to support Suarez then you will win. But, if you leave spaces around your defence that can be exploited then I can assure you, they will be exploited to the hilt just like ours will.

Win or lose this game will be entertaining and there is no shame losing away to the league favourites as long as our performance is up to scratch. My prediction: 2-1.

zandvoort blue said:
FFS what is all this right back panic about.
We are the league`s form team. We are at home where we have won every league game. The pitch, unlike Craven Cottage, will be perfect. Clichy is a more than capable defender to fill in at right back if required.
Some people need to get a grip and get behind players like Clichy, instead of finding fault all the time.
Taarabt won his battle against Clichy fact. Remember their 1st goal?

You can call that finding fault if you want, but that's what fans do. Assess the pros and cons of the team. Otherwise BM would be very boring

Clichy should be left back.
Milner would have no problems at right back and give us extra width when going forward. Nasri is superb this season but does not get outside the full back. As to a lot of questions - James Milner is the answer. He would be England's best right back too!

With news of nastasic possibly back for liverpool, could we not try 3-5-2? I know it has been too succesful in the past but a starting 11 of

..............................................Hart..........................................

............demichiles............kompany..........nastastic.............

Milner...........................................................................kolorov

..........................Fernandinho...............yaya............................

Navas..............,..................silva............................nasri............

...........................................Beast................................................

On current form and at home i could see this really working out!?

I would love to see us play that team at some point but against the dippers isn't the time to try it. Why would we change anything about our formation at home after the way we have been dismantling teams.

ethan23 said:
With news of nastasic possibly back for liverpool, could we not try 3-5-2? I know it has been too succesful in the past but a starting 11 of

..............................................Hart..........................................

............demichiles............kompany..........nastastic.............

Milner...........................................................................kolorov

..........................Fernandinho...............yaya............................

Navas..............,..................silva............................nasri............

...........................................Beast................................................

On current form and at home i could see this really working out!?

Thats 12 players you've got written there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.