Liverpool Vs City (CC) Post Match Discussion Thread

Marvin said:
Outplayed? They scored 1 goal from open play in 180 minutes against a team that had just played a Derby with 10 men, and today it was a weakened team
Spot on.

To be honest, we lost it in the home leg not tonight.

Few things from tonight though, although we didn't play that well it was still a decent performance, 2 very good goals and an incredibly unlucky decision for the penalty.

One thing that tonight did point out is that we simply aren't good enough at the back. We hand them their second goal from Lescott not being able to volley the ball away from a Kolarov throw-in and as soon as we went in front we immediately looked like letting one in straight away (and we did). Our full-strength back 4 is very good, but our strength in depth, especially centrally, isn't good enough. Basically, without Kompany we look like letting at least 2/3 goals in a game, against a team with a fairly decent striker.

Positives from tonight though, for me, are;
I thought Kolarov had a good game, he comes in for criticism but he set up Dzeko's goal with a great ball and looked fairly solid defensively. (His main problem is his lack of pace)
Even though Dzeko didn't play well its a big positive that he got on the score sheet again and after he scored his goal it was like he was a completely different player and finished the game well.
Thought Hart also had a good game, kept us in it.

Blue dippers next week which is a written on defeat in their annual cup final, and they've got their 12th man playing, sorry ref'ing, so really not looking forward to that.

For me our two most dissapointing performances of the season have been in these two legs...Liverpool were far more up for it tonight and I can't understand why that is when we don't play again till Feb 4th....and even though we were shite tonight we could've taken it to extra time with just one little bit of sensible defending...what the fuck Kolarov and Lescott were doing at that throw I will never know. Piss poor.

Pigeonho said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Pigeonho said:
Eh? Pre money we would have killed for that cup.
Pre money we weren't chasing the league title and have a great chance of winning a European trophy. Your point is what exactly?
My point is we're not rags who can dismiss a trophy as easily as 'its only the carling cup'.
And we cannot expect to win everything. The carling cup is not a priority we have bigger fish to fry.

Dribble said:
Fuckin Gutted!!!!

Dzeko fuckin about in midfield cost us a goal against Spurs on Saturday even though everyone blamed Savic and tonight it was Kolorov throwing the ball too hard to Lescott forcing him to mis-control the ball that cost us again tonight.

Gutted........ Fuckin Gutted!!!!
Agree with the Kolarov comment costing us their second goal.
His decision making is poor at the best of times on too many occasions
We seem to lose every game he starts in...

Re: Mancini to blame?

mancinimadness said:
Mancini will be gone in the summer; people need to stop blaming bad refereeing decisions costing us games. We were again piss poor tonight, if mancini can't motivate a team with this much ability then it is he who is to blame.

do one RAG.

Ric, we need to make a 500 post total for starting topics.

It was their only chance of silverware, so they raised their game. Rather them than the scum.
I don't mind Liverpool, even though they are deluded twats when it comes to their take on the football world. No doubt this will help to paper over the cracks where KK is concerned though and for that they need to be aware of falling for the myth and hype.
KK was never a good manager.

Re: Re: Mancini to blame?

cookster said:
SWP's back said:
johnmc said:
He's to blame for getting us top of the league i agree.
You're a mod Alan, get rid of the op.

What because he has a different opinion to you?
No, because he is obviously a fucking bellend. Or a child, or a wum.

You also failed to note than johnmc is neither a mod or called Alan and it was a joke. So well done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.