Liverpool Vs City (CC) Post Match Discussion Thread

rastus said:
Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
First half team selection cost us the match. Very disappointing from Mancini. To be fair to Liverpool they clearly wanted it much more than we did and played out of their skins. They'll be a good cup side under Dalglish.

From our side I thought we were collectively poor. Don't think any player particularly impressed. I feel really sorry for Savic. He's looked out of his depth too many times already this season. He should never in a million years have started this match after his second half performance at Spurs.

I'm pretty gutted to be honest. But we have to pick ourselves up for another huge away day next Tuesday.

Not going to talk about the officiating. We didn't deserve to win tonight so it's largely irrelevant.

Bob just doesn't care about the cups this season, any time he starts with AK you know that's the score.

They were the better side.

Our midfield is shite without Yaya and again the fact that Bob protects and rests Jimmy shows he wasn't that arsed.

You two need a head wobble...look back tomorrow at the shite you post

Why fella?

What part is shite?

Don't tell me you rate AK and think that was our best side available?

Why didn;t Sergio start?

Why didn't Bob bring Jimmy on?

Why didn't Clichy start?

need I go on?

I feel better after hearing Joe Harts interview, the guy is a legend. His performance doesn't deserve the fucking doom and gloom merchants on here!

Vinny back next week and Yaya and in 3 weeks, if we're still top then we'll win the league.

Disappointing. A couple of shit refereeing decisions but ultimately a poor performance. The team we had out was on paper, more than capable of beating Liverpool. Tis a good job Joe was on form as it could've got embarassing. Lets hope we all learn from it and tear up everybody for the rest of the season.

Win or lose, support the blues.

pudge said:
arsenalrob said:
Ducado said:
I really am not bothered, sure it would have been nice to win it, but one the scale of things it's not that important, in fact more of a distraction, the League is the priority for everyone

One game at Wembley against Cardiff is a distraction?

Okay then
Why are you here?
Because it takes his mind off losing the last 3 games

THE GREAT MANCINI

Fucked up again with his team selection, how the fuck did milner not start tonight, ? bobbins bobbins team selection, and liverpool are not , not a good team, utd will do them on sat, and before all the bobby manc fans start, how come he thinks he can manage mario, yet he could!nt cope wih bellemy, cos we would have beat them home and away with bellemy in the side.

arsenalrob said:
Ducado said:
I really am not bothered, sure it would have been nice to win it, but one the scale of things it's not that important, in fact more of a distraction, the League is the priority for everyone

One game at Wembley against Cardiff is a distraction?

Okay then
The way we played at anfield last season just before the Wembley derby yes I would say it's a distraction.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Pigeonho said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
And we cannot expect to win everything. The carling cup is not a priority we have bigger fish to fry.
Granted, and I take that point more than your first post. Thing is though we were one game away from another cup, (we would have beaten Cardiff), with the title still exactly where it was 2 hours ago. You can't and should never just dismiss any cup, not from where we have come from. When United fucked the FA Cup off for that no mark inter continental cup it was the biggest show of 'we're not arsed' ever. We should never become like that. A cup is a cup, ask Mancini, ask Mourinho.
I agree with united and the FA cup but the carling cup hasn't been taken seriously by the bigger clubs for years. It's always been a chance for the kids. I think the clubs that play in europe should be exempt and the rest battle it out for a chance in the Europa.
We might be a big club, but we're not and never should be in a position to dismiss a cup just because we have money. Pre money getting to tonight would have been the best thing ever and getting into the final? Well fuck, the best thing in years. Shouldn't just dismiss that as the only different to when we were shit and now is money. Same ground, same fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.