Liverpool Vs City (CC) Post Match Discussion Thread

Joe just said "we're a very good team, full of very good players, with even more players to come" - hope he means in the next week!

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
First half team selection cost us the match. Very disappointing from Mancini. To be fair to Liverpool they clearly wanted it much more than we did and played out of their skins. They'll be a good cup side under Dalglish.

From our side I thought we were collectively poor. Don't think any player particularly impressed. I feel really sorry for Savic. He's looked out of his depth too many times already this season. He should never in a million years have started this match after his second half performance at Spurs.

I'm pretty gutted to be honest. But we have to pick ourselves up for another huge away day next Tuesday.

Not going to talk about the officiating. We didn't deserve to win tonight so it's largely irrelevant.

Bob just doesn't care about the cups this season, any time he starts with AK you know that's the score.

They were the better side.

Our midfield is shite without Yaya and again the fact that Bob protects and rests Jimmy shows he wasn't that arsed.

Thats what pisses me off the most. If it was 3rd round or so then yeah, play the fringe but one game from Wembley, he should have played his strongest team and gone for it. I think he badly misjudged the feeling amongst the fans. This was a great opportunityfor a trophy.

It was a shite ref decision on pen but lets be honest.....overall we played shite and did not deserve it....them scousers wanted it more.....we had ferk all shots on target. They had 121 corners to our 3...the Carling Cup however will not ease their scouse pain of Champs League fail yet again...If we REALLY want to compete in all comps then the squad needs to improve. I was really looking forward to a Wembley trip again but will be VERY happy with title and a trip to Budapest. CTID

Ducado said:
I really am not bothered, sure it would have been nice to win it, but one the scale of things it's not that important, in fact more of a distraction, the League is the priority for everyone

One extra game would have been a distraction? ffs... I would have LOVED to win the league cup. A trophy is still a trophy. Gutted.

Pigeonho said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Pigeonho said:
My point is we're not rags who can dismiss a trophy as easily as 'its only the carling cup'.
And we cannot expect to win everything. The carling cup is not a priority we have bigger fish to fry.
Granted, and I take that point more than your first post. Thing is though we were one game away from another cup, (we would have beaten Cardiff), with the title still exactly where it was 2 hours ago. You can't and should never just dismiss any cup, not from where we have come from. When United fucked the FA Cup off for that no mark inter continental cup it was the biggest show of 'we're not arsed' ever. We should never become like that. A cup is a cup, ask Mancini, ask Mourinho.
I agree with united and the FA cup but the carling cup hasn't been taken seriously by the bigger clubs for years. It's always been a chance for the kids. I think the clubs that play in europe should be exempt and the rest battle it out for a chance in the Europa.

Re: Re: Mancini to blame?

themadinventor said:
SWP's back said:
johnmc said:
He's to blame for getting us top of the league i agree.

You're a mod Alan, get rid of the op.

Would that be because his opinion differs from your's ?? err hello this is a forum it's all about different opinions isn't it ??.
Been answered clown

Over 2 legs the players on the pitch didn't do the job and over the two legs liverpool wanted it more, and we deserved nothing. Until the last 7 minutes we didn't have a spell where I thought "right here we go. Its coming, we're gonna do this" both goals came against the run of play, and we were our own worst enemy.

Rammy Blue said:
Bob just doesn't care about the cups this season, any time he starts with AK you know that's the score.

I don't think that's right when you're in the second leg of a semi final. 90 minutes away from a cup final against a team who our reserves really could beat. We don't play again until next Tuesday. There was an air of throwing it away tonight. Really really disappointed. After all the shit we've had from so many directions since Sunday character resolve and a winning mentality should've ensured tonight was all about winning. Oh well.... :(

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
First half team selection cost us the match. Very disappointing from Mancini. To be fair to Liverpool they clearly wanted it much more than we did and played out of their skins. They'll be a good cup side under Dalglish.

From our side I thought we were collectively poor. Don't think any player particularly impressed. I feel really sorry for Savic. He's looked out of his depth too many times already this season. He should never in a million years have started this match after his second half performance at Spurs.

I'm pretty gutted to be honest. But we have to pick ourselves up for another huge away day next Tuesday.

Not going to talk about the officiating. We didn't deserve to win tonight so it's largely irrelevant.

They were the better side.

Our midfield is shite without Yaya and again the fact that Bob protects and rests Jimmy shows he wasn't that arsed.

You two need a head wobble...look back tomorrow at the shite you post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.