Liverpool Vs City (CC) Post Match Discussion Thread

shelovesyouyehyehyeh said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not posted since the game as wanted to let things settle.

Bottom line is I am dissapointed not to be going back to wembley but am hoping this game will be a distant memory in May.....

Referee had a shocker with 2 huge decisions which went against us but we just weren't good enough last night and lost it at our place.

Week links for me a Kolarov-One good ball all night certainly doesn't justify 16 million.
Dzeko-Yet another poor game in my opinion.Only looked interested when we scored.
Lescott-Looking increasingly unsteady for me and his clearance which led to the Bellamy goal was just fucking amateurish.

Savic-Has played very poorly since coming in.Welcome back VK next week.

Wish we could sign another striker and centre half but just isnt going to happen.Why I will never know!

We move on.

Youve spent about a £billion , surely thats enough ;)

Not even close, not even half of that on players.

What!?
2ze9mdi.jpg.gif

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not posted since the game as wanted to let things settle.

Bottom line is I am dissapointed not to be going back to wembley but am hoping this game will be a distant memory in May.....

Referee had a shocker with 2 huge decisions which went against us but we just weren't good enough last night and lost it at our place.

Week links for me a Kolarov-One good ball all night certainly doesn't justify 16 million.
Dzeko-Yet another poor game in my opinion.Only looked interested when we scored.
Lescott-Looking increasingly unsteady for me and his clearance which led to the Bellamy goal was just fucking amateurish.

Savic-Has played very poorly since coming in.Welcome back VK next week.

Wish we could sign another striker and centre half but just isnt going to happen.Why I will never know!

We move on.

No we haven't, not even close. Don't believe everything you read, surely you scousers should know that by now?

Besides, at least we spent on players who are at least worth buying and not spending the best part of £100m on overrated shite. £35m for Andy Carroll? Really?

Just found this, don't know if on the thread already?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.phildowdisawanker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.phildowdisawanker.com/</a>

Let's be fair about last night. We were outplayed in the first leg and yesterday joe hart made some top quality saves. I honestly think the better team won over the course of the two legs. We looked a much better team without savic in the second half last night and I think we upped our game. Aguero is clearly a class act. The way he linked up with silva and nasri was very encouraging. with kompany back next match we have a lot to be positive about. Well played Liverpool and good luck at wembley.....now let's win the league!

this 'Liverpool deserved to win' and 'we were only in the tie because of Hart' bullshit makes me sick. Like a goalkeeper isn't part of the team and it's complete luck that he makes saves and Liverpool were unlucky because he made those saves.

We did not play well in either leg but to suggest Liverpool deserved to go through based on 2 of their 3 goals being penalties (1 being absolutely ridiculous) does not sit well with me.

Can't wait for all the pundits who were part of the glory days '80s dies off so when they go 25-30+ years without winning anything major we won't have to hear about them anymore.

On a side note- is there any keeper better than Hart on his day? He made some incredible saves

Andouble said:
this 'Liverpool deserved to win' and 'we were only in the tie because of Hart' bullshit makes me sick. Like a goalkeeper isn't part of the team and it's complete luck that he makes saves and Liverpool were unlucky because he made those saves.

We did not play well in either leg but to suggest Liverpool deserved to go through based on 2 of their 3 goals being penalties (1 being absolutely ridiculous) does not sit well with me.

Can't wait for all the pundits who were part of the glory days '80s dies off so when they go 25-30+ years without winning anything major we won't have to hear about them anymore.
I get what you're saying but the reason why hart had to make the saves was because Liverpool were creating good chances. Savic was all over the place. Hart is superb. I can't think of a better keeper in the world right now. I think it also says something that no matter how badly I think city play we never lose badly. We are incredibly difficult to beat and with a host of important players coming back we have plenty to be positive about. Certainly no reason to get down.

Andouble said:

Hart made saves because Liverpool made chances...how many times did we make Reina work over the two legs? 3? 4?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.