Liverpool Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Team for pool...

I think Mancini would stick with same formation as yesterday, for me he will go one striker up top in other words Tevez on his own, supported by Nasri and Silva.

Yaya, Rodwell and NDJ making up the defensive duties, allowing Yaya to get forward as and when.

Hart

Milner Kompany Lescott Clichy Kolarov

Rodwell De Jong/De Rossi

Yaya

Nasri Tevez

Could put Milner in the centre and put zaba right back but for some reason Mancini never plays Milner Centrally.

Wouldn't play Dzeko as he was awful in the semi final last year and Balo hasnt had much of a pre season. Silva hasn't been great recently so I would leave him on the bench.

Re: Referee for Liverpool.

Ref tonight game as well.

Club ref / no. of games ref / W-D-L

Everton / 22 / 8 - 8 - 6
Man United / 15 / 12 - 1 - 2

Liverpool / 17 / 7 - 6 - 4
Manchester City / 19 / 10 - 4 - 5

bluethai said:

Everton / 22 / 8 - 8 - 6

Trying to work this is out is making my head hurt......a lot!

blueste41 said:
bluethai said:

Everton / 22 / 8 - 8 - 6

Trying to work this is out is making my head hurt......a lot!

Best you go and have a lie-down.

Alright lads? I said I'd be back on here the week leading up to us playing you.

Where to start? Shocking result for us vs. West Brom at the weekend, came as a bit of surprise because we've had a very good pre-season where we've played really well. First half we probably shaded the match vs. West Brom, notwithstanding a wondergoal from Gera against the run of play. From there on, Agger was (correctly) sent off for bringing down Long as the last man (although first contact was outside the area so it was never a penalty) and that was all she wrote.

Consequently I'd expect us to lineup like this:

...................Reina
Johnson Skrtel Carragher Enrique
..............Lucas Allen
....Downing Gerrard Borini
..................Suarez

Suarez will be his usual menacing self, but the key to Liverpool getting any sort of result will be being tidier in possession than last match. If we give the ball away as much as we did vs. WBA we'll be on the wrong end of a cricket score. Gotta take our chances too, we're so wasteful. Gerrard was absolute shite vs. the baggies, one of his worst performances in a Red shirt in recent years, so we'll need a massive improvement from him too. Lucas also looked off the pace, he'll be vital to breaking up your attacks.

We've got a Thursday Europa League qualifier game vs. Hearts up in Scotland, so our lineup is probably subject to who plays in that one and whether we come away unscathed.

Prediction? Hmmm. We're notorious game-raisers for these big matches, but we're a real work-in-progress right now with a lot of players still coming to grips with the new manager's system. A lack of Daniel Agger at the back worries me greatly too. The thought of Aguero running at Jamie Carragher makes me spine chill, but I'm assuming he won't be fit in time? With all that said, I'm gonna be a little ambitious and say a 2-2 draw is on the cards.

iPuGfapO47ty6.gif

Liverpool play in the Europa league away to hearts on Thursday, hope they will be abit knackered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.