Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
moon said:
117 M34 said:
Would anyone else take a point tomorrow or is it just me not being able to forget the shit years and being battered (nearly) every time we went there?

A point would be good but need 3 to keep in touch with Chavs
We need to win. Chavs won there we must do the same. Plus I believe they have injuries and coming off the back a long journey. No better time to play them.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Oh dear.

We were hammered for our shit away form when Pelle first here and we lost 4 games out of first 6 of 2013/2014 culminating in the loss against Sunderland in November 2013.

Since then we have played 26 away games in the league and lost just 2 times. We finished 2013/2014 with W9 D3 L1. This season 2014/2015 it is W8 D4 L1.

That is ridiculously good. In fact it is the best sequence of points gathering away from home in the league in our entire history.

But.. but.. we have no history; only the scum and candlefucks have 'istree.

super_city_si said:
moon said:
117 M34 said:
Would anyone else take a point tomorrow or is it just me not being able to forget the shit years and being battered (nearly) every time we went there?

We need to win. Chavs won there we must do the same. Plus I believe they have injuries and coming off the back a long journey. No better time to play them.
plus their shit

LadislavMplmx said:
super_city_si said:
moon said:
plus their shit
What's wrong with their shit? ;)

Physically we should be stronger, but psychologically it's a blow to have known you were in the Champions League all season, and suddenly realise that you are going out. Liverpool lost in midweek but only because they were not motivated.

Marvin said:
Physically we should be stronger, but psychologically it's a blow to have known you were in the Champions League all season, and suddenly realise that you are going out. Liverpool lost in midweek but only because they were not motivated.
what was there not to be motivated about?they went into the game with a 1-0 lead,they lost to a better team

Marvin said:

They lost because they are not that good. If we can't win there it's all over

We should control the game from start to finish. City are a top team, Liverpool are not

aguero93:20 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Manchester_lalala said:
They're shite. If we play to our best we will tear these a new one.

I don't think they are shite at all. But yes if we play to our best we will win comfortably. That is a pretty big "if" though. How many times have we genuinely played to our best this season?

Sunderland away, Liverpool home, Roma away, Newcastle home, Spurs home, Southampton away, Chelsea home and away(unlucky not to win both), Arsenal away (same as Chavs), Rags home and Sheffield Wednesday (LC).

We're owed a few, but we've played to our potential in the majority of the big games. FWIW, I think we'll beat the Scum, Liverpool and Spurs in the run in, it's the smaller opposition I'm most worried about.

Are you crazy, you think we played at our best against Sheff Wed?

/hook

Marvin said:

That's you Marvin, always looking on the bright side

Liverpool will be fired up for it, motivated by desire for revenge in front of their fans on the club that stole their title. By now they will have rationalised the Europa Cup exit as a blessing in disguise. They might tire after 60 mins but they'll go at us from the start fuelled by adrenaline.

Difficult to know what frame of mind we'll be in. Disappointment at Tuesday's result but perhaps some refief that we've still got a chance.

We need to make sure that we control the opening 20mins. Dominate possession, stop them gaining momentum, reduce the effect of the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.