Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to City releasing all their CL anger and frustration onto Liverpool. Smash those pretenders!

The only chance for Liverpool is if we don't turn up, they hit us hard, and then hang on to a lead.
The extra time and travelling will take its toll on Liverpool, if we're smart, we make them chase shadows ( like Barca did to us) all game, wear them down.
Vinny needs to control his aggression, as Mario will no doubt start, and he will fall over a paper bag, given half the chance, and that will no doubt be a tactic they will use.
We have been better away from home this season, I can't see Liverpool parking the bus, with a fresh Yaya and a better rested team, our midfield should dominate, and the 3-2 defeat last season, not to mention how long it's been since we won at Anfield, needs addressing.
Confident of a win

Bewar3them00n said:
The only chance for Liverpool is if we don't turn up, they hit us hard, and then hang on to a lead.
The extra time and travelling will take its toll on Liverpool, if we're smart, we make them chase shadows ( like Barca did to us) all game, wear them down.
Vinny needs to control his aggression, as Mario will no doubt start, and he will fall over a paper bag, given half the chance, and that will no doubt be a tactic they will use.
We have been better away from home this season, I can't see Liverpool parking the bus, with a fresh Yaya and a better rested team, our midfield should dominate, and the 3-2 defeat last season, not to mention how long it's been since we won at Anfield, needs addressing.
Confident of a win

That's a bit unfair on Mario, they'll all fall over like paper bags given half a chance.

sam-caddick said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
I would rather of had this game midweek instead of on Sunday, knowing this City side we usually need a game to get a bad CL result out of our system and I am not convinced going to Liverpool is the best game to do so.

But then again, you're never happy before a game. Hopefully you're mood will change
come 14:00 on Sunday ;-)

haha

with liverpool having played 120 mins on thursday i am quite confident for sunday.

you just never know what city will turn up though, our consistency this season has been poor.

Too true, too true. Oh and please City with a capital or it could be any city in England ;-)

TFC said:
Going to be really disappointing if we do the typical City thing and come ambling out of the blocks tomorrow. We need to get right at them from the off, simple as that.

Exactly what happened at Anfield last season, they came blitzing out the first 10, 15 mins and we couldn't live with them. Sterling, Suarez & Coutinho were pulling us apart.

Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho & Ibe will be tough to handle if they start at a good pace and we start lethargic, like we can do at times.

J_Bow said:
TFC said:
Going to be really disappointing if we do the typical City thing and come ambling out of the blocks tomorrow. We need to get right at them from the off, simple as that.

Exactly what happened at Anfield last season, they came blitzing out the first 10, 15 mins and we couldn't live with them. Sterling, Suarez & Coutinho were pulling us apart.

Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho & Ibe will be tough to handle if they start at a good pace and we start lethargic, like we can do at times.

They will do the exact same tomorrow I have no doubt. Want to see us not only live with it, but match it and make sure we dont fall behind early. The extra 48 hours rest we have had should show, I have a feeling they will have 'punched themselves out' by the 60th minute onwards and hopefully we can capitalise.

hart

zabba-kompany-mangala-clichy

fernandinho-yaya

navas-silva-nasri

aguero

this is the best time for us to put them in their place and finally win down there and end this hodoooo.....i have a feeling that bony will score in this game as well(coming of the bench) 3-1 win for boys in blue C'mon Cityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.