LMA Manager of the year - Rodgers

I agree to some extent about letting the haters hate etc, I just think it incredibly disrespectful to Pellegrini himself. He does not deserve to have his peers treat him with the Eurovision voting mentality just because it is City.

TBooksbluearmy said:
This is nothing to do with Manuel Pellegrini coming form Chile has it, because to me that is what it looks like they are being biased and that is the end of the matter.

Augusto Pinochet likes this post.
I have read some truly bonkers conspiracy theories on here over the years, but an anti-Chilean bias at the LMA possibly trumps them all.
Why the fuck would managers hate Chile?
Were they served a badly corked Merlot with the main course at the presentation dinner?

Not as outrageous as all that. If a vote was taken a month ago MP would have struggled to win a Bluemoon Manager of the Year award! Look back at the posts if you don't believe me.
The tied has turned and the respect and appreciation for MP's way of working has multiplied in the last few weeks......on here and nationally.
He will win plenty don't worry.

The LMA have always been a joke.

I read on twitter that when the rags won the treble in '99, George Burley won the award. Ipswich had a good season but really?

I believe Fergie made a fool of himself during a speech last night as well, calling the Scunthorpe manager the wrong name after saying he'd done his research!

I doubt Manuel will be losing any sleep over this. I am just grateful that he is our Manager. He is loved by everyone connected with the club and is a man of integrity, honour and a true leader. Makes me very proud to be a fan to observe the togetherness of the whole organisation. What a season - I don't think we need a third party bunch of fools to confirm to us something we already know.

I think it is an absolute farce. I am not saying Pellegrini deserved to win it ahead of others, but if you are going down the "overachievement" route then Pulis wins hands down. Holloway left Palace pretty much dead and buried and Pulis takes them to safety and beyond - to the comfort of mid table. Rodgers had one competition to focus on and won nothing. Had he taken Liverpool to the title then he may have deserved something. What about the FA Cup? If Hull win that then elephant man has done pretty well. Whilst we may have been expected to win the league. The league and league cup double is a fantastic achievement. Chelsea were many peoples' favourites for the league, and we have a manager new to the league. I'm sure Manuel will sleep well next to his two winners medals.

steveb15 said:
Not as outrageous as all that. If a vote was taken a month ago MP would have struggled to win a Bluemoon Manager of the Year award! Look back at the posts if you don't believe me.
The tied has turned and the respect and appreciation for MP's way of working has multiplied in the last few weeks......on here and nationally.
He will win plenty don't worry.

What do you mean? I thought Mancini was still in charge until last month??

Mr HJ said:
I doubt Manuel will be losing any sleep over this. I am just grateful that he is our Manager. He is loved by everyone connected with the club and is a man of integrity, honour and a true leader. Makes me very proud to be a fan to observe the togetherness of the whole organisation. What a season - I don't think we need a third party bunch of fools to confirm to us something we already know.

Just to back this up, I had a chance meeting with Mike Summerbee a couple of weeks ago and we had a little chat about City, as you do. Buzzer was very complimentary about MP as a manager and as a person, he spoke really gushingly about what a genuinely nice guy Pellers is. We both agreed that whatever happened this season, next season we really will be a side to watch under MP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.