LMA Manager of the year - Rodgers

It will be a lie to suggest that Rodgers does not deserve a mention as he has really transformed Liverpool into a formidable attacking force, dramatically, over such a short period of time. However he also displayed great pride and tactical naivety especially in the later stages of the season and thus there are clearly better candidates for the award.

Pellegrini deserves it more because he actually delivered trophies and is the definition of class when it comes to his mannerism and attitude and he has actually delivered and made us a balanced success. Balanced success meaning that whilst Chelsea are very tactical and adept defensively and Liverpool are absolutely gung ho going forward both teams lack the qualities of the other. Pellegrini on the other hand has made us outstanding and adept in both offense and defense.

Saying all that, My vote would have gone to Pulis because it is almost unbelievable looking at Crystal Palace and seeing how well they have done and played when he took charge. So Pulis should have won it.

Helmet Cole said:
I'm surprised Giggs didn't win.

I can't believe Moyes didn't win it. For one he brought a smile to everybody's face. Plus he's broken every feckin record going.

Haha, fucking Liverpool fans giddy as anything that Brenda has won manager of the year but still bitter about Pulis getting the Prem vote.

I can't fucking wait for next season.

So Pulis did win Premier league award, at least they got one right but I don't agree with the LMA award, it should have gone to Pulis or Pellegrini.

You wouldn't expect anything else's really when managers in premier vote for it! They are all brainwashed into thinking because we spent a few bob we SHOULD win at least the treble every year to even think twice about giving our manager the manager of the year! Brendon has done a great job but Pellegrini has won the DOUBLE in his FIRST season as a manager in a league he has never managed, it just shows how bitter and manipulated the managers in the premier are...

Well it's nearly every week on MOTD the opposing manager has some sort of dig about the money we have
and how much our great players get paid. I'm sure Manuel will be more than happy with our 2 trophies.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Ray78 said:
It is a joke but not too surprising. Even if Manuel Pellegrini wins the Champions League he still will not get the recognition he deserves.
He won't care either. I saw someone say on here that he's redefined what it is to be a humble manager, and I think they're right.

He doesn't want recognition. He's satisfied with trophies you get by winning football matches, not awards given by self-entitled panelists who think they know best about what happened in a football season.

In 5 years time you'll ask two questions to someone in the street:

1. Who won the title in 2014?
2. Who won the LMA Manager of the Year in 2014?

One will be answered immediately, the other will have to researched.

True there is no substitute for trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.