Loaded firestick

interesting. This makes no sense to be honest. A VPN just encrypts the traffic from your device to the ISP. You’re still bound by the ISP speeds.

Maybe the VPN gets that speed through to the speed checker but you will still be limited to the speed of the ISP. Unless the ISP is throttling by some odd IP system that the VPN hides but it will be odd
I’m not in any way a techie But that’s how the speed checker measures it and I do get less buffering with the VPN switched on. I thought it was because they connected to faster servers perhaps - but I don’t really understand it.

Lots of analogies, but here's one that might help....

If you wanted to rob a bank, would you wear a mask (VPN) or not?

Much harder to track you down if you've disguised yourself and that is what a VPN does, it disguises your home address (in the Internet world that is your IP address - every device that connects has one)
Does that disguising apply identically whether you’re accessing via your WiFi or 4G?

I'm hopeless with such things. I have McAfee antivirus on mylaptop and after reading this thread I decided to activate the VPN it provides.

Will it also provide the VPN for the Firestick? I think it will as everything goes through the one router?
I think you have to put the antivirus thing on your firestick for it to work.

Been using the Internet since day dot. And firesticks Never paid for a VPN. Even loaded them for the police. You are literally paying them to see what yer up to, and sell it(advertising). Free ones out there do the same shit so if yer abroad and want to watch sommat, use a free one. Also done forums and the mods know what tabs are open on yer pc etc.. This was years ago so Christ knows what they get from snoopin now. Spooky...

All depends if you give a shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.