Local nutters/eccentrics

there's a lady used to walk from the wythenshawe area through heald green and beyond, she would walk fast and every lamppost would walk round the post 2/3 times , never knew where she came from or went too, used to see her nearly everyday, haven't seen her for a bit
I know who you mean. She had a some kind of illness but was a nice lady who never did anyone any harm. I think her name was Christine, she lived off Portway and she died suddenly at the beginning of Covid. Very sad.

Early 90s often used to get accosted by a deaf mute punk guy with full mohican holding a piece of paper saying 30p bus. Used to be around Market st, seen him at a few gigs round this time.

Anyone remember the bloke who used to hang around Hyde Rd near the bus depot with a billboard. Something to fo with a music website.

And a guy on the A6 with a religious one?

Paul Nolan was a character. He’d drink in pubs from the university campuses up to Rusholme and just shout random crap about Taggart or U****d in general. He didn’t appear to have many friends but would latch on to anyone.

I think they were more eccentric than anything but The Piccadilly Rats were very entertaining in town. I used to see both the late Ray and also Tommy Trouble dancing on their own.

Anyone ever seen the fella around Parrs Wood/Ladybarn/Burnage who rides around on a penny farthing?

Or the fella in Gorton/Reddish area who has a sea turtle and takes it to the supermarket car park for people to stroke it?

Early 90s often used to get accosted by a deaf mute punk guy with full mohican holding a piece of paper saying 30p bus. Used to be around Market st, seen him at a few gigs round this time.
Yeah he used to go in the old piccadilly records when in the gardens, pestered me a few times in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.